What is your level of education?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
Working on a BS in Computer Science and a BFA in Drawing and Painting, will then work on a MS in Visual Sciences. All paid for by me, with no help from the gov or anyone.

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Hatari Chic
Originally posted by: nippyjun
What about MD, DDS, OD, DO, DC, JD, etc...

Added MD. Explain to me what the rest mean and I'll add 'em. :)

DDS: Doctor of Dental Sciences ... ie. a dentist

DO: Doctor of opthamalogy?

JD: Doctor of Jurisprudence ... ie. lawyer ?

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: ergeorge

DDS: Doctor of Dental Sciences ... ie. a dentist

DO: Doctor of opthamalogy?

Might as well just have them post in the thread, IF we even have any of those.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The high you go in the education merry-go-round, the fewer people you find that are racist

I find that statement insulting.......and as YOU cannot spell, YOU must be a racist!

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Tominator
The high you go in the education merry-go-round, the fewer people you find that are racist

I find that statement insulting.......and as YOU cannot spell, YOU must be a racist!

I don't know about racist, but one of the most sexist person I ever met held an endowed chair at a major university :(

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001

I don't know about racist, but one of the most sexist person I ever met held an endowed chair at a major university :(

Was I the only one to read that as sexiest? :eek:

-silver

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
Originally posted by: agnitrate

Was I the only one to read that as sexiest? :eek:

-silver

nope. :eek:

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000

JD = Juris Doctoris. In other words, a law degree.

And i'm just a high school student postin up in this house.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Possibly a poll that shows how the 'educated' put themselves above the lessor throngs of everyday people is in order......oh wait, we call them Liberals! They KNOW more and can always tell YOU how YOU should act and behave. Pass laws that affect YOU? No problem! They are EXEMPT because they are ELITISTS!

Educate an idiot and all you get is an educated idiot.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

So I left off a morpheme. Shoot me. :)

The statement is true though, by the most recent statistics I've seen.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Possibly a poll that shows how the 'educated' put themselves above the lessor throngs of everyday people is in order......oh wait, we call them Liberals! They KNOW more and can always tell YOU how YOU should act and behave. Pass laws that affect YOU? No problem! They are EXEMPT because they are ELITISTS!

Educate an idiot and all you get is an educated idiot.

That's odd. 99% of your posts are condescending.
rolleye.gif

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Yea, OK. True enough, but I find this type of generalisation lacking at best and downright wrong at worst.

I've never seen a correlation in real life where education equaled kindness or the poor being less kind.

Grouping anyone together and judgeing them because they are in that group is just wrong. I think you will agree.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
i'm in college right now, doing GE before transfering to a "real" school, i'm in CC right now.....whee

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
You didn't include Associates degree options. Or do you consider that to fit inside the some college option?

It's interesting how much correlates to level of education. The high you go in the education merry-go-round, the fewer people you find that are racist. Just spurred me to wondering what the general edu level is of AT.

Um, on what do you base this theory? Just curious.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
I'm in university right now and I'd like to get an MBA or Masters in nanotech engineering.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

Yea, OK. True enough, but I find this type of generalisation lacking at best and downright wrong at worst.

I've never seen a correlation in real life where education equaled kindness or the poor being less kind.

Grouping anyone together and judgeing them because they are in that group is just wrong. I think you will agree.

I do agree. I was citing statistics given in a class. There is a logical connection. Given that racial tolerance is PC, and schools generally teach what is PC, the higher level of education you have, the more persuasive messages you have been exposed to about racial equality. Hence, people with a higher level of education are more likely to be racially tolerant. The stats I've seen seem to support this.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Err? scool? i think i went till (me counts on fingers) 3rd grade!

that ws only after going back 5 times. or was it 3. hard to keep track.

i might go back to and graduaten tha 8th grade! wohoo!