What is your favorite type of fireworks?

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
Any fireworks that fly are illegal but they are really cool and neat !!!

what is ur favorite firework? i like the ones that make that high pitch noise that makes u kinda deaf for a moment, yup.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Saturn missles! They come in batteries of 16 I think, they look like little plastic missles about the size of a cigarette. When you light the battery, they fly out with a high pitch scream (they go REALLY fast) and pop.

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
great i will try to get some next yr!!

we bought something called quake, not too sure, for our grand finally. what a dud that was. it was a freaking huge like the size of a 2-liter pepsi bottle, but not much of a show.

KingHam

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
If you break off the stand of a Picolo Pete and smack the end with a hammer a couple of times, it will take off when you light it. If you do it just right it will explode in mid flight!

Most of the firewroks that you can buy legally aren't worth the time. That's why I try to make a run to Mexico a couple of weeks before the 4th to pick up supplies. Nothing quite like an M-9000 :D.

KingHam

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
Large or tall almost always means a dud when it comes to fireworks. The short round or square ones are the best. I can't remember the names of all the good ones we've used over the years, but two that do come to mind are "Meteor Shower" and "Black Widow".

slicksilver

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2000
Too bad you are unluckly guys......We have a festival every year called Diwali which means "Festival of lights" .....The amount of fireworks we burn alone in my city(Hyderabad) is around 100 tonnes.....The feeling is great.......You dont see anything except for rockets and special custom made fireworks in the sky........I would say that you guys should come here(India) atleast once in your life to see this.......The festival is celebrated in the 2nd week of october.....

BTW,my favourite is the Whistling rocket and 7 stars........

Raj

MooseKnuckle

Golden Member
Oct 24, 1999
6" mortar blasting out of a steel pipe. Great big boom and wonderful colors. Unfortunately, $22 each limits the number of those we get. The rest are 3" and 4", some 5" as well. The 4th is an expensive holiday for us, usually we spend between 600-700 dollars. It's worth it, we're on a private lake in Upstate NY and we put on a great show for all the neighbors. We've been doing it for 15 straight years, so we have plenty of practice and expertise. But, they're nothing to fool around with, serious business.

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
I LOVE SALUTES!!!!

:D I had to get that out of my system. I am soooo happy with the way my town pulled off the fireworks this year, they rocked! The finale included a solid 45 seconds of non stop salutes. I was lying on the ground, feeling the thunder in my chest... sooo great!!!

BTW, salutes are the quick bright flashes and the HUGE thunderous booms.

Monel Funkawitz

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Sh|t that makes alot of noise.

<Edit>

BTW, total 4th of July cost for me---

Fireworks-- $1318.02
Food-- $216.04
Entertainment-- $318.86
Repair for Hotel room due to destruction (8&quot; ground salute blew out the windows)-- $72.50
Alcohol-- $400+

Also Chooie, I love salutes the best. I had 2 8&quot; ground salutes (8&quot; across diameter, about 2 1/2 feet tall. BIG firecracker :)) and 40 16&quot; aerial salutes (The commercial ones). Its really fun when you tape the hell out of the mortar before you shoot the aerial salutes. It makes the bang about twice as loud.

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
the best types of fireworks are the home-made ones. I nearly burned down the neighbors' house with explosives. anyways, i saw a couple helicopters lying around on the streets, are those legal now?

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Roman Candles baby :) point them at each other and you'll wonder where your eybrows went.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Speaking of fireworks...

My brother was given an explosive device, &amp; he wants to know what the name is...

It's a red tube, 1.75&quot; long, 5/8&quot; in diameter. The fuse is in the middle. All I'm coming up with is M80, but I know it's nothing that big...

Anybody know what that'd be? Besides illegal, which it is...hehe...

Viper GTS