What is your favorite Star Trek series?

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
I'd have to go with TNG as my favorite. Haven't really watched all the new ones.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
TNG is probably my fave as far as characters and writing go. Some of the later episodes were actually bordering on cerebral....a rarity in TV writing. Gotta love the original series for sheer camp value.

Enterprise is growing on me....still wanna gnaw my own foot off every time I hear the intro song tho. So so very bad.

Fausto

Aug 23, 2000
It's a toss up between, DS9 and TNG. Both had some awesome episodes. TNG ended on a good note, DS9 ended making want more. I was hoping they ended that way, cause Voyager would have made it home and explain the outcome of the Dominion War.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
I really like Enterprse actually.... I had grown bored of all the other series. But Enterprise managed to pique my interest again... I've even grown used to the intro :eek: what's annoying now is how every episode eventually ends up with P'Tol in he skivvies....pbbt

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I never really watched a Star Trek show on a regular basis, but I would have to say TNG is my favorite of what I have seen.

Goth

Oct 22, 2001
I still prefer TOS over the others, but I really enjoyed TNG and DS9 seems to be growing on me. I didn't care for DS9 at first and missed many of the episodes during their initial run. Now that I'm catching up on it, I'm liking it more and more.

Voyager stayed around too long and they're attempting to revive it in the novels by starting where the series left off (first book called "Homecoming"). I think they should leave it where it ended. No need to beat a dead horse.

I haven't watched a single episode of Enterprise. It doesn't look appealing to me. Maybe I'll try watching it at some point, but not now. I don't see it lasting 7 years like TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
TNG - counselor troi (spamela makes wolf-howls).
DSN would be a close second.

Cerebus451

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2000
TNG was the only one I ever watched religiously. I started watching DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise but after a while stopped watching. I can't really say they were bad, but for whatever reason they didn't hold my interest.
As for TOS, I enjoy many of the episodes, but I got spoiled by the effects of TNG and many of the episodes in TOS start looking cheesy by comparison.

TCPpacket

Feb 8, 2001
yet another vote for deep space nine. nothing beats that 10 episode arc at the very end of ds9. it was nice having a central storyline in ds9, unlike in voyager and TNG.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Another vote for DS9. TNG is good but I can go back to the early episodes of DS9 and still like it. TNG's first few episodes are painful to watch.

Yvo

Jan 13, 2001
Pretty close call between TNG & DS9.

I would probably say DS9 because the first few episodes of TNG were almost an embarresment compared to later episodes. DS9 started out on a great note... immediate discovery of the wormhole and conflict between the Cardassians, can't get any better then that.

Now Enterprise is starting to get better (slowly), but I first couldn't take the show seriously due to its horrible intro song. Not to forget that Scott Bakula sometimes just stands on the bridge announcing what they are going to do in the most annoying stance & voice ever. Voyager had its peak but on average was a really cruddy Star Trek show. They could have done the last season so much better, especially since it was the last series set in the 24th century. I hope Star Trek X will tie up some ends of the Dominion War, especially since its the last movie set in the 24th century.

But to stay on topic... DS9 is my fav Star Trek show for now.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I prefer later episodes of TNG. DS9 isn't bad, but it got annoying. Voyager BLOWS and the new Enterprise is on air when I'm at work.

nik

JSang

Feb 3, 2002
TNG owns nuts. The cast and storyline is unmatched by any ST series so far....if only their movies/dvd sets came out faster =P.