Discussion What is your favorite "motivational" t-shirt (has some quote or expression written on it)

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Prior to getting married, had one that said on the front "To all you virgins" and on the back "Thanks for nothing."

My current one is "Just stand"

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I like the t-shirt my wife got me awhile back.

s-l640.jpg

That and I have an old school RATM t-shirt that I like.

system-sucks-white-tee-1

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I have a shirt my cousin got me from Australia that says, "How much can a koala bear".

It has a koala with a drink in one hand, a bong in the other and a lady koala giving him a BJ.

I am not sure where it is but if I find it I will post a pic.

Reactions: Charmonium

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
My wife bought me a version of this...then bitches at me when I wear it in public:
IMG_5022_3419ada3-b266-4331-814a-1f9f90e4e98f_large.jpg

(men's version...and without the stupid fucking hippie necklaces and shit...but the sentiment is the same)

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
My wife bought me a version of this...then bitches at me when I wear it in public:
IMG_5022_3419ada3-b266-4331-814a-1f9f90e4e98f_large.jpg

(men's version...and without the stupid fucking hippie necklaces and shit...but the sentiment is the same)
That belt you're sporting reveals a heretofore unexhibited fey sense of fashion.*

*And yeah, I know that's not you in the picture. At this point in your retirement, your man boobs are undoubtedly bigger than hers.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
That belt you're sporting reveals a heretofore unexhibited fey sense of fashion.*
Since I never see either word in print and they're pronounced identically, my first thought was you were talking about the fay - supernatural forest folk like sprites, fairies, etc. Since I'm a bit familiar with "FAY" fashion (from watching endless hours of fantasy programming) I didn't see the connection. So I cut/pasted the word FEY to see what it meant.

This is where it gets a little confusing. There seem to be three possible meanings none of which seems to relate to the others.

"
  1. giving an impression of vague unworldliness.
    "his mother was a strange, fey woman"
    • having supernatural powers of clairvoyance.
    • Scottish
      fated to die or at the point of death.
      "now he is fey, he sees his own death, and I see it too"
" (the quote tag choked on something in the copied text)

If I now had to choose, I'd have to go with the first one. Is that what you meant?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Since I never see either word in print and they're pronounced identically, my first thought was you were talking about the fay - supernatural forest folk like sprites, fairies, etc. Since I'm a bit familiar with "FAY" fashion (from watching endless hours of fantasy programming) I didn't see the connection. So I cut/pasted the word FEY to see what it meant.

This is where it gets a little confusing. There seem to be three possible meanings none of which seems to relate to the others.

"
  1. giving an impression of vague unworldliness.
    "his mother was a strange, fey woman"
    • having supernatural powers of clairvoyance.
    • Scottish
      fated to die or at the point of death.
      "now he is fey, he sees his own death, and I see it too"
" (the quote tag choked on something in the copied text)

If I now had to choose, I'd have to go with the first one. Is that what you meant?

That's how I've heard "fey" used .... in reference to witch's/witchcraft.

I've never actually seen "fay" used other then as a name that I can recall.

And on-topic: (my shirt is grey)

3931450_0.jpg