What is your favoirte action movie scene?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Fist of Legend, Last fight scene, fight scene with old master, and with his first brother. Fav move is the upside down kick :)

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Not saying it's the best, but didn't that avalanche scene in Triple X impress anyone? As unreal as out-boarding an avalanche may seem?

If you can call the Omaha Beach scene in Saving Private Ryan an action movie scene, I'd go with that one. I was on the edge of my seat hoping it would end soon.

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
The opening scene in the Replacement Killers is good. I love Crystal Methid playing in the background while he takes those dudes out!

Vinny N

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2000
The last fight in the original Street Fighter movie. Doesn't seem to be on IMDB, but it was in black and white if that helps narrow it down.

Any fight scene in Lord of the Wu Tang with Jet Li or The Flying Daggers with Jet Li.

No mention of Gladiator so far? C'mon isn't it realistic to decapitate people with weapons that aren't made for slashing even if it throws both your shoulders and arms :p

No Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon stuff either? Good. I swear my grandmother has a collection of a thousand videos just like that annoying movie or better :p

edit:

just watched the "Callisto" episode of Xena. The ladder fight was pretty impressive. I wonder what they could have done with a larger budget....

boi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2002
Matrix Lobby
Enemy at the gates, when they guy takes out 5 people when the bombs explode

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I'm putting in my vote for Saving Private Ryan, opening scene. That has to be some of the most insane filmmaking ever, and knowing that it really happened pretty much just like that makes it all the more powerful.

I also liked the opening scene in TimeCop when the bad guy opened fire on the Confederate stagecoach with an Uzi.. (yeah, the rest of the movie sucked ass)

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Not sure if it's my favorite or not, but I've always liked the Battle of Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back. Another good one is at the very end of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when Butch and Sundance are trapped in a store in Bolivia and surrounded by the Bolivian army. Of course, I'm biased towards both of those movies, but they're still good scenes.

radiocore

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
Long Kiss Goodnight...at the end when she breaks into the place to get her daughter back.

True Lies - Bathroom Scene

Dhruv

May 15, 2001
Matrix lobby was really good, but there was a serious cheese factor involved in Neo and Trinity, the way they looked at each other, whatever. trying to act too cool. it still one of my fave movies though.

I think the shootout in HEAT takes the cake on this one. as much as i love the end of scarface, and parts of Braveheart, that shootout was too much!! even some bank robbers impersonated it in Hollywood.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Executive Decision, when they board the jet

Air Force One, when they shoot the jet (towards the end)

Top Gun, whenever there's jets

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Aside from what's been said, I also really liked some of the fight scenes in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (with the exception of the floating).

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
My favorite is still the Nakatomi Plaza rooftop explosion in Die Hard

You get a two for one since it also takes out the helicopter and it also explodes as it's falling.

Very nice on a surround sound system.

xospec1alk

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: HansBbans
Wow, can't belive no no one mentioned the shower scene from The Rock yet.

that one gets my vote....everytime i watch that scene i get chills...damn now im gonna go home and watch it again...

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
THe one where the guy shoots the other guy when the loud music is playing and he either dies slowly infront of the other guy or stumbles around with his gun trying to kill the otherguy and finally is shot around the corner

rolleye.gif

Seriously,

Matrix
Saving Private Ryan
Heat-----scene with the armored truck

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
how can you not like the harrier scene in true lies! just the very first shot when he looks out the window and a plane raises up!

or when the archer dude in LOTR (no, im not a big fan) is nailin baddies with arrows from a few feet away! that was sweet as hell too

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Pretty much what every one has said till now.

I like all of Arnies movies but I cant believe no one has even mentioned an INDIANA JONES movie yet!!

The biplane drop from the dirigible to the seagulls on the beach is fantastic.

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
the scene in Executive Decision when they blow out the lights and take out the terrorists in night vision... :)...