what is wrong with my network

gooblegook

Mar 13, 2002
i thought i had it all figured out...could share files, printer but no internet(win XP being gateway,win ME being client)on dail up connection.

read some stuff here and at practically networked to try and get ICS working, well now everthing is messed up. cant share anything, ive tried to remove the connections in my networked places so that i could atart all over, but they wont go anywhere.

as you can...i really have no idea what i am doing!

now for the kicker...i did the same thing about 3 weeks ago and everything worked straight out of the box(LAN in the box that is(LINKSYS 10/100 Network in a Box)).

as for why i didnt keep it setup the first time, well i dont know myself(DUH).

the lan in a box came with a sybergen networks cd...but the read me said it would not work with winME so that is out.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cwallace

gooblegook

Mar 13, 2002
you know i,(in a moment of desperation(perspiration)), did think about that, but wanted to try and get it working with out upgrading.

gooblegook

Mar 13, 2002
ok upgraded to XP on ME box still cant share internet, what gives???

downloaded sybergen home network that wont even work(from the look of there fourms, alot of people have this problem)

anyone have any ideas

gooblegook

Mar 13, 2002
well i went back and uninstalled everything(actually pulling the network cards out) and then reinstalled it.

now i can dail out on the client computer but it wont hold. i get a connection failed error.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
I had nothing but problems using XP Pro and ME on the client untill I picked up a router... not a single problem since.

gooblegook

Mar 13, 2002
went back and looked at the properties for the shared connection and for some reason the shared connection boxes arent staying checked anyone have any ideas?????????????????