Discussion What is the smallest aftermarket cooler or liquid cooler for an RTX 3060 Ti GPU?

Battousai01

Oct 15, 2002
Hi guys, I am on a quest to building the smallest yet most powerful gaming rig using off-the-shelf parts. I already have the parts and currently the problem I am having is the GPU.

My case can fit a maximum GPU size of 180mm in length and 43mm in thickness.

Although this GPU will not fit the case as is because the heatsink extends more than 180mm. However, the surprising part is that the board of the GPU is unbelievably small and this can perfectly fit into the case. This is what it looks like below.

I do have some options on how to fit this card into the case. First option would be to modify the case but that would make it larger. Second option is to look for an aftermarket cooler that is smaller than the stock cooler be it an HSF or a liquid cooling solution. The last option would be to modify the heatsink but I would not want to do it as I do not want to damage the stock cooling in case I need to use it again.

My question is more on my second option, is there an aftermarket cooling solution that is so compact that it can fit mini-ITX casing, I am thinking of a liquid cooling solution.

Thank you in advance for the reply.

spacer.png

Attachments

• 1611334891352.png
    1611334891352.png
    545.9 KB · Views: 1

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
3060 your better off finding a variant which will fit, and not get one and make it fit.
It just isn't worth your time on a mid-tier GPU like that.

I am thinking of a liquid cooling solution.

You mean a AIO of a full LCS?
Cuz my advice again is no.
Save the money add it to your 3060 purchase, and UPGRADE to a 3070 and skip watercooling all around.

The 3060 is not financially or reasonably logical to watercool.