What is the FX-8120 comparable to these days ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
And now with these tariffs going into effect it looks bleak......

I expect to see creative tariff dodging where necessary. Anything sourced from PRC will be routed to other locations, mislabeled, etc. I am not aware of major new tariffs against products from Taiwan, S. Korea, or (wait for it) Vietnam.

Reactions: Jimzz

chrisjames61

Dec 31, 2013
I expect to see creative tariff dodging where necessary. Anything sourced from PRC will be routed to other locations, mislabeled, etc. I am not aware of major new tariffs against products from Taiwan, S. Korea, or (wait for it) Vietnam.

Gamers Nexus has a good upload about this. Some companies may use the tariffs as a pretext to jack up prices. I have done a whole build about every two months since early 2013 when I ditched the MacOS for Linux. Time to stop wasting money on unnecessary tech goodies and get myself a new Ford Ranger or Chevrolet Colorado.

moinmoin

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2017
It will be interesting to see if and how much prices will deviate between the US and other countries due to the tariffs in the former.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Gamers Nexus has a good upload about this. Some companies may use the tariffs as a pretext to jack up prices. I have done a whole build about every two months since early 2013 when I ditched the MacOS for Linux. Time to stop wasting money on unnecessary tech goodies and get myself a new Ford Ranger or Chevrolet Colorado.

They can try, but if competition catches wind, those jacking up prices will just lose sales. It'll probably be a bigger problem for folks with corporate accounts and other bulk buyers married to a particular vendor/supplier.

ancient pedant

Jun 30, 2018
It has been a long long time since I have upgraded. I know Ryzen / Intel current CPU's will be a absolute huge upgrade over the cpu I have now. This thing has ran at 4.0Ghz for a hair over 5 years now..

But anyway, what is the newest most comparable CPU on the market these days that is "equal" to an FX-8120 ?

Why do I get the feeling, even the Ryzen APU's are faster than this now ? I have looked extensively for reviews that has both, to no avail.

So, Say I went to something like a 2600X......What would be the performance improvement ? And also, I am considering a 2400G for an HTCP.

So, thoughts on how the Ryzen APU's and 2600X compares to my current FX-8120 ?

Thanks

Potato.

Stop with the trolling

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator: