what is the current status of the sandy bridge bug

trimurti

Jan 13, 2007
what is the current status of the sandy bridge bug. My old intel 6600 is just not cutting the mustard anymore and I am ready for a new system. I was looking at the sandy bridge but if it has unresolved problems what would be the best alternative? Keep in mind the unlocked cpu I had chosen was about $300

FiLeZz

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
There are no unresolved problems, just get a mother board that is b3 revision, Solved.

Wuzup101

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2002
There was never an issue with sandybridge itself (except for the lack of motherboards during the recall). The bug was with the motherboard chipset. As stated above - it's resolved!

JGR

Apr 5, 2011
Asus has an excellent page on determining if you have the correct revision to avoid a bugged motherboard. Here

IntelEnthusiast

Intel Representative
Feb 10, 2011
The issues with the old “B2” has been resolved and everything that the resellers have should be the newer “B3” on any H67 or P67 chipset based boards. As a matter of fact almost all the reseller have added a B3 on to their part/model #’s to show that they are the new boards. So feel save to buy without worry about getting one of the old “B2” board unless you are on Ebay.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
what is the current status of the sandy bridge bug. My old intel 6600 is just not cutting the mustard anymore and I am ready for a new system. I was looking at the sandy bridge but if it has unresolved problems what would be the best alternative? Keep in mind the unlocked cpu I had chosen was about $300

Correction its a chipset bug not a Processor bug there is and never was anything wrong with the SB silicon.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Fixed running B3 stepping.
This is necessary again. :(
captainobviousm.jpg

Last edited: