What is the biggest threat to the USA?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
The continuous degradation of the already enormously degraded moral fiber of the American people by capitalism, consumerism, and greed.

I like this

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Mursilis
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Right now, I think its people. They are complicit in their vast ignorance and prejudices to the failings of the government here.

Of course it's always people, so that's a big of a copout response.

well look at the 2 candidates they give us every 4 years. It's a Dumb and Dumber race for the Commander in Chief every time.

Who is the "they" in your first statement? Voters.
ahhh yea voters decide...

Ultra partisans that maneuver who has the money to even get on the ticket if you think voters pick who is even running I have a bridge to sell you. It takes $ to run and that money comes from the "they" and those who prop them up.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I would say...

1) People no longer taking responsiblity for their actions in all areas of their lives.
2) The media. It's no longer about reporting but sensationalizing (distorting the truth).
3) Poltical Correctness. We can no longer "tell it how it is" because it might hurt someone's feeling. Pussification of America, etc.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The greatest threat to our nation is George W. Bush and his criminal cabal of traitors, murderers, torturers and their lying, brown nosed sycophants. They're a greater threat to American citizens than Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda and all the Al Qaeda wannabes. At least, Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, etc. admit they want to destroy us while the Bushwhackos are already doing it, here and now and lying about it. :|

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey
The greatest threat to our nation is George W. Bush and his criminal cabal of traitors, murderers, torturers and their lying, brown nosed sycophants. They're a greater threat to American citizens than Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda and all the Al Qaeda wannabes. At least, Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, etc. admit they want to destroy us while the Bushwhackos are already doing it, here and now and lying about it. :|

Actually, Harvey, it is not Bush's cabal. The problem you should be referring to is neo-conservatism. Bush is just their little moron puppet.

I don't think people really understand the principals and ideas revolving around neo-conservatism. And if we put the blame of Iraq, and our foreign policy in general, solely on Bush, we put ourselves in danger of allowing these policies to continue as other neo-conservatives get themselves into positions of power.

"We've Been Neo-Conned"

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
Politicians and other people in power terrorizing the USA. Fear this, fear that.. give me more money to protect you.. give me more control of your life.. let me take away your rights to better protect you.

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
WELFARE and all the other entitlement programs that give people something for nothing.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre

Actually, Harvey, it is not Bush's cabal. The problem you should be referring to is neo-conservatism. Bush is just their little moron puppet.

I don't think people really understand the principals and ideas revolving around neo-conservatism. And if we put the blame of Iraq, and our foreign policy in general, solely on Bush, we put ourselves in danger of allowing these policies to continue as other neo-conservatives get themselves into positions of power.

You're right, but, as President, Bush is the figurehead in the eyes of the nation and the world so I include Bush and his criminal administration as co-equal conspiritors with the neocons as part of the same cabal.

A turd by any other name still smells like shit. You can call them anything you want. They're still the greatest threat to the rights guaranteed to all Americans under our Constitution and to the best interests of our nation.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Republicans 11 votes 15.94 (%)
Democrats 4 votes 5.80 (%)
Libertarians 0 votes 0.00 (%)

:cool:

:D

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Other: Gay Canadian Muslim Libertarians For Ron Paul

We must redeploy our troops to our northern borders to save us from the GCMLFRP terrorists that are headed this way!!!111! If the GCMLFRP deploys their own Midget Shocktroop Corps (MSC), we're all gonna die!!! (or worse... we could end up turning teh Gay!)

Congressman King told me so...

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: palehorse74

We must redeploy our troops to our northern borders to save us from the GCMLFRP terrorists that are headed this way!!!111! If the GCMLFRP deploys their own Midget Shocktroop Corps (MSC), we're all gonna die!!!

Added per your request. I do agree, that's the most severe threat yet facing America, hell it's a threat to the survival of life on this planet!!!

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

We must redeploy our troops to our northern borders to save us from the GCMLFRP terrorists that are headed this way!!!111!

So you just added all the people you hate to a self-created, non-existent group.

You probably see your post as a joke, but there's probably a lot of truth in it.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Arkaign

We must redeploy our troops to our northern borders to save us from the GCMLFRP terrorists that are headed this way!!!111! If the GCMLFRP deploys their own Midget Shocktroop Corps (MSC), we're all gonna die!!!

Added per your request. I do agree, that's the most severe threat yet facing America, hell it's a threat to the survival of life on this planet!!!

please see my edit. ;)

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

We must redeploy our troops to our northern borders to save us from the GCMLFRP terrorists that are headed this way!!!111!

So you just added all the people you hate to a self-created, non-existent group.

You probably see your post as a joke, but there's probably a lot of truth in it.

that's not true, I don't hate gay people... BUT THOSE F'N CANADIANS ARE SATAN'S SPAWN!! And trust me, the GCMLFRP is very.. VERY real!

take a joke, and stop being suck a tool.

Are you a GCMLFRP spy? hmmmm!? DONT MAKE ME PUT YOU IN A STRESS POSITION DAMNIT!

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
The biggest long-term threat would be Europe. Continuing to pretend that we have a real alliance with them takes our attention away from alliances and relationships that we need to build with emerging powers. The continuing far-right radicalization of European politics brings us closer to a new holocaust which the Europeans will want to bring over to other continents, including North America.

Europe may not exist in 50 years. The US won't either unless we change our path.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

that's not true, I don't hate gay people... BUT THOSE F'N CANADIANS ARE SATAN'S SPAWN!! And trust me, the GCMLFRP is very.. VERY real!

take a pill... and a joke... tool.

Tool? Do you get mad at everyone who sees right through you?

Gays, Canadians, Muslims, Ron Paul, hmmm, sure sounds like a list of people you hate.

Maybe you should add yourself to the list. It's rather obvious.