Question What is the best laptop I can buy under US$1000?

theshadowboy

Aug 25, 2021
Bro, just invest $800 on Acer Nitro 5, you'll be good to go.
In this $800, you'll get an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 8 GB RAM. What more else do you want because you'll also get a 9th generation processor of Intel Core i7-9750. So that's my suggestion, now the rest depends on you.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
It depends on what you are looking for, but one of my criteria is that the laptop be easily serviceable and upgradeable. I agree the Acer Nitro laptops are decent laptops for relatively modest prices, even for gaming. I would make sure the boot drive is an SSD though, which you could upgrade if there is only a HDD, and also I would add another 8GB of RAM if you only have 8GB. SODIMMs are pretty cheap, so 16GB is a good minimum for this class of laptop.

FlameTail

Platinum Member
Dec 15, 2021
The HP Pavilion Aero 13 is also definitely worth checking out.

It has a 16:10 400nits Anti Glare screen (which is the deal maker for me), a magnesium alloy chassis which puts it among the lightest laptops you can buy, a Bang&Olufsen speaker system and a reasonably powerful Ryzen 5 or 7 cpu. Unfortunately it doesn't have a dedicated GPU though.

I am not telling you to buy this, your needs may be completely different to mine, but to me this is a laptop that has really caught my eye.