• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

What is the best GTX 970 to buy right now?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

snorge

Dec 30, 2011
OP, if up until now you were good with your 7 yr old system and a 750ti, then I suspect a 970 or r9 290 will last you a couple of years. If you have the money, then get what you want and enjoy, otherwise look at the price-performance and your personal tendencies over the long run to determine what to put in your system.

Since you upgrade infrequently, you could certainly wait and see what AMD's new parts do to the market. You do not seem to be in a hurry.
Well I wasn't really good with my old system, I wasn't able to build a new pc due to the cost. I'm doing a lot better now though and can afford what I want but as I said I don't really care about gaming over 1080p. I was pleasantly surprised by how much of a difference the new cpus make in some games even on a 750 ti but it is still holding me back. I am tired of waiting for things to be honest lol.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
why don't u wait for the Radeon 3xxx series to come out? only about a month away, and im sure nvidia will drop prices a bit to compete. otherwise, the cheapest gtx 970 will be fine as you're just gaming @ 1080p. 3.5gb wont be an issue for you at that resolution.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS