What is the best CPU cooler for LIAN LI PC-Q05?

Discussion in 'Cases & Cooling' started by vccn, Dec 2, 2012.

1. vccn

vccn Junior Member

CPU: INTEL I7-3770T 45W
    MEMORY: Samsung 16GB SO-DIMM 1600 (M471B1G73BH0-CK0)
    MOTHERBOARD: INTEL DQ77KB
    CASE: LIAN LI PC-Q05

Now, I am thinking about which CPU cooler is the best for me.

As you see, there is a great cooler INTEL HTS1155LP for the case, but it seems like waste too many space. Here is a picture:

[​IMG]

Last night, I was thinking that if we changed another CPU cooler, we might be possibly put 1 or 2 3.5" HDDs in the case. There is the thinnest CPU cooler I could find

[​IMG]
    This CPU cooler only 27mm height, which is the thinnest one I could find in the whole Internet. (If there are other options please notice me.)

I am not sure it will or will not put into LIAN LI PC-Q05, but I will try ^-^. I has already ordered one from EBAY.

If I succeed, HAHA, I will put two of 3TB 3.5" HDDs, two of 1TB 2.5" HDDs, and a 256GB M-SATA SSD in it. WOOW...

I am so excited for waiting delivery HAHA.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - cooler LIAN Forum Date
    Lian-Li-PC-Q18B cpu cooler ? Cases & Cooling Jan 18, 2014
    Any Liquid Cooler fits Lian Li PC V354? Cases & Cooling Jun 22, 2011
    Lian Li PC-A04 CPU Cooler Height Clearance Cases & Cooling Jan 7, 2011
    LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 vs COOLER MASTER Storm Scout Cases & Cooling Jul 8, 2010
    Antec Sonata III v. Lian Li K1B v. Cooler Master Sileo Cases & Cooling Apr 17, 2009

3. PCTC2

PCTC2 Diamond Member

Well, the case was designed for the cooler in the first picture. The case, cooler, and motherboard follow Intel's thin-ITX standard. It allows for proper airflow and cooling inside of the case with the low clearance available. I say stick with the cooler you have as it will probably perform the best in the configuration at hand.

4. vccn

vccn Junior Member

I agree with you, but if I can put 2 extra 3.5" HDDs in it, that will be nice. Otherwise, I will still go with the INTEL original CPU cooler.

I really wanna know how is the noise of INTEL HTS1155LP. I always never shut down the PC, also I could not handle the noise of CPU fan. There is no any successfully I7 fan-less way.

5. PCTC2

PCTC2 Diamond Member

I have used this cooler and it is pretty quiet.

If you wanted more hard drive space, you should've gotten a large case, or use a USB 3.0 enclosure.

6. muaddlb

muaddlb Junior Member

vccn

Yes, you're right: it's the best cooler for this case (and for such a size), but it's for Intel only :'(
    Fortunatelly, I've managed to find the same one for AMD AMx/FMx :awe:
    It costs ~$15 on TaoBao agents.
    [​IMG]

#5 muaddlb, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  7. mikekx100

mikekx100 Junior Member

Hey, I was curious if you ever got 3.5" drives to fit in there? Very cool build.

8. billyb0b

billyb0b Golden Member

This is your ultimate reference for air cooling - http://www.frostytech.com/

Especially in your case where heatsink/fan height is an issue