What is offensive about the term "beloved patriot"?

LeetViet

Platinum Member
Mar 6, 2003
I've always thought it was derived from Pakistani

I mean, I'm from Vietnam and I don't take offense when someone calls me Viet.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Only because people use it as a derogatory term - i.e. something like "fvcking Pakis", though I use it simply because it's half as many syllables.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
It just has a negative connotation. It's not really a bad word or anything though.

How it's not usually used:
"There's a Brit family, and there's a beloved patriot family."

How it is usually used:
"F'n n*ggers and pakis."

Same word, different connotation.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
People get way to offended over things like that. My roommate is half pakistani and tends to call himself a sand nig*er.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Jap is a perfect example of a term that's just short for Japanese. But it's also offensive. So I was showing how it's not just beloved patriot.

Also, my gf of 2 years is 100% japanese, living in japan now and I plan to live there myself within the next year.

spanner

Jun 11, 2001
Because it is intended as an insult when it is normally used. Unfortunately it is common in England.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Bush used it in a speech last year, but nobody really cared much since it's not really an offensive word in the US.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
Bush used it in a speech last year, but nobody really cared much since it's not really an offensive word in the US.

Only the US press didn't care, the rest of the world was WTF, is he stupid.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Originally posted by: CanOWorms

Only the US press didn't care, the rest of the world was WTF, is he stupid.

No, even Pakistani organizations said it wasn't any sort of slur. I distinctly remember reading about it on the BBC website and it followed that general belief.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
n*gger is derived from negro and ch*nk is derived from chinese. What's offensive about them?

DaFinn

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Ch!nks, Pakis, N!ggers, Japs... who cares, they are all the same to me.

*runs for cover* ;)

**crowd, please check your sarcasm meters**

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
Originally posted by: DaFinn
Ch!nks, Pakis, N!ggers, Japs... who cares, they are all the same to me.

*runs for cover* ;)

**crowd, please check your sarcasm meters**

lol

Reminds me of this KKK show on Discovery or something, once. The guy was like "We hate Arabs, we hate Jews, we hate n!ggers, and we hate spics!!" Or something to that effect.