What is New?

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
So nothing interesting coming out this year besides Prey and it will probably be postponed till next year!?
Edit: forgot about Sniper Elite 4

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
Personally I've lost all interest in the usual overly-milked, overly-sequelled EA / Square Enix / Ubisoft AAA franchises, so it's nearly all small-med studio stuff for me:-

- Divinity: Original Sin 2 (Larian Studios)
- Full Throttle Remastered (LucasArts / Double Fine)
- Prey (Arkane Studios (if it's any good))
- State Of Mind (Daedalic Entertainment)
- Styx: Shards of Darkness (Cyanide)
- Syberia 3 (Microids)
- Torment: Tides of Numenera (inXile Entertainment)
- We Happy Few (Compulsion Games)
- Unavowed (Wadjet Eye Games)

Last edited:

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
Blackwake comes out of alpha into full release in Feb, great piratey fun for anyone who hasn't checked this cool kickstarted game out.

The AAA scene has been getting steadily more rubbish for what now feels like as long as I can remember, you'll find more gems on kickstarter than anywhere else. Hopefully Toejam and Earl kickstarter game will be finished this year as well, can't wait.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
So nothing interesting coming out this year besides Prey and it will probably be postponed till next year!?
Edit: forgot about Sniper Elite 4

Sniper Elite 4 looks exactly like Sniper Elite 3. If its just a mission pack for SE3 I'll pass.

FWIW - I'm hoping that Kingdom Come Deliverance is finished this year.

And FWIW - since we are in this day and age of remakes - someone needs to remake Severance Blade of Darkness

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I shunned AAA a long time ago and haven't regretted it. Early Access and smaller developers have their rough edges but they heal faster than the burns that EA/Ubi/Blizzard leave you with.

Battletech!!!

I am not sure Harebrained will have BT out this year but the early videos look good, especially when they (probably set up the dev) had an Assault mech headshot in one of their early promo videos.

Dawn of War III

Looks like the worst Dawn of War to date. Completely taking scale in the wrong direction, reintroducing base building and skewing the Space Marine numbers balance yet again. Even worse than the 2 unmentionables in the long series.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Personally I've lost all interest in the usual overly-milked, overly-sequelled EA / Square Enix / Ubisoft AAA franchises, so it's nearly all small-med studio stuff for me:-

I came here to say the same thing (but I'm only excited about Divinity: OS 2)

Dawn of War III
That's just the initial release date. I wouldn't count on that being the final release date.

Borderlands 3
Randy Pitchford stated they are shooting for a 2018 release date so I highly doubt we will see it this year.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003

- Full Throttle Remastered (LucasArts / Double Fine)
- Prey (Arkane Studios (if it's any good))
- State Of Mind (Daedalic Entertainment)
- Styx: Shards of Darkness (Cyanide)
- Syberia 3 (Microids)
- Torment: Tides of Numenera (inXile Entertainment)
- We Happy Few (Compulsion Games)
- Unavowed (Wadjet Eye Games)

Whoa I had no idea they were doing something like this. Love that game... I re-beat it every so often. Too bad it's only PS4, but looks like I can just get it on PC again :)

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
Whoa I had no idea they were doing something like this. Love that game... I re-beat it every so often. Too bad it's only PS4, but looks like I can just get it on PC again :)
A lot of people bash Double Fine (sometimes with good reason *cough* Broken Age *cough*), but to give them credit, Day of The Tentacle Remastered was very well done. You could mix and match the old / new graphics with the old verb bar vs new action wheel (ie, old/old, old/new, new/old, new/new). Graphics update + widescreen stayed true to the art style, etc. After that and earlier Grim Fandango, they're definitely making some of the better remasters.