What is it with all this "Doctor" Paul crap?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Since when did the Paulbots decide that he should be referred to a Doctor and not Representitive?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Perhaps it's a statement that doctors have a higher standing than servants.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
It means he's royalty. He's a "producer," a real John Galt. Remember that, peasant.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Because becoming a doctor takes hard work, but becoming a Senator only requires connections.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Since when did the Paulbots decide that he should be referred to a Doctor and not Representitive?

It might, just might, have something to do with the fact that he is actually a doctor...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It might, just might, have something to do with the fact that he is actually a doctor...

It most likely has to do with the fact that his supporters think it will lend him some sort of credibility. There are other doctors in Congress that are not commonly referred to as 'doctor'. Most likely this is because they don't feel they have a deficit of legitimacy like Ron Paul does.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
It most likely has to do with the fact that his supporters think it will lend him some sort of credibility. There are other doctors in Congress that are not commonly referred to as 'doctor'. Most likely this is because they don't feel they have a deficit of legitimacy like Ron Paul does.

Hard to be 'legit' when you oppose doling out public cash. Makes a person a pariah in Washington.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I would contend that a larger problem is his adherence to clown college economics, but to each their own.

Right, we are 4 years from a financial mess created by the prevailing economic theory in DC. But Paul is the one who adheres to clown economics. We arent laughing.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Right, we are 8 years from a financial mess created by the prevailing economic theory in DC. But Paul is the one who adheres to clown economics. We arent laughing.

You shouldn't laugh at Ron Paul's economics, they represent a pretty horrendous threat to the prosperity of our society if anyone is ever foolish enough to implement them. I was referring to their scientific rigor, which is approximately equal to the average clown college curriculum.

As for the financial mess, that was primarily due to the lack of government intervention in financial markets (derivatives in particular). Since Ron Paul supports this on steroids if you didn't like the result in 2008 you're probably going to be absolutely terrified of the results if he gets his way.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
eskimospy, I really don't see how it can be any worse than the direction we're heading in now lol. At least it would be trying something new with new people in a new era, you know progressing. Since when did you become such a conservative?

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
How does a creationist get through medical school and become a doctor?

I don't know, but there's a ton of them. Oh you mean only Christian Creationism, that's right because you really don't even acknowledge other religions creation theories.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
If not for government intervention stemming back from 1913, it would be... gasp... EVEN WORSE!

I'll never tire of hearing that.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
eskimospy, I really don't see how it can be any worse than the direction we're heading in now lol. At least it would be trying something new with new people in a new era, you know progressing. Since when did you become such a conservative?

Liberals don't believe in change simply for its own sake. I think attempting to implement economic policy based on the principles of Austrian economics would be an unmitigated catastrophe.

I don't have a problem with conservative economics generally, even if I don't agree with all of them. Milton Friedman for example was an amazing mind, but even he condemned Austrian economics as being...well... simply wrong.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I always thought it was b/c MLK Jr. is often called Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ron Paul, supported white supremacists as their savior, needs to try to match his honorifics.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Mindless baiting thread. At no point since he went to congress has Rep. Paul ever been exclusively called Dr. Paul or Rep. Paul. Your country is being flushed down the toilet. You are given the choice between Obomney and Romneybama, and all you can think to do is pointlessly bait "Paulbots"?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
eskimospy, I really don't see how it can be any worse than the direction we're heading in now lol. At least it would be trying something new with new people in a new era, you know progressing.

Now just wait one damn minute.

The utter irresponsiblity of this cannot be ignored.

I suppose you would say lets try a dictatorship or fascism or communism since it can't be any worse?

Well, things can be worse. So trying something worse should not be tried just because you think it couldn't be any worse. It could be worse. And often has been worse.

I can't think of a worse argument.

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
What's with all this Dr. (he earned that title) Paul even matters to the status quo thread (by those intelligent enough to know better) when the LIBOR scandal barely even makes the front pages?? Can't see the forest for the trees, can't see the cake for the crumbs.

One of the many reasons why the US is probably screwed without a major reboot after the digital printing presses reach their endpoint. Otherwise our grandchildren too will be eating cake because of their overzealous bellicose grandparents.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That in MHO should be obvious, because when the gavel bangs in 2013 announcing the covening of the next House of represenatives congress. Ron Paul will not be there as a Represenative because he did not run for reelection for his congressional seat in 2012.

So when his supporters can no longer call him represenative, Doctor sounds a little better
than ordinary American like you and me.

Of course I have always liked the terms of doctor doom and doctor death so take the term doctor with a grain of salt. Take two asprins and call me in the morning if you are still unelightned. I have real military credentials because I am a Kentucky Colonel.

Last edited:

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Using a term like paulbot which could probably be sourced to an asshat like Hannity or Rush hardly leaves your post with any credibility to begin with.

People use it since, well... he was a Dr. He wasn't a sleazy sheister like Romney or a fake democrat kenyan like Obama...

He's, well..> He's the guy that in a perfect world you'd actually see people vote for.

But since it's not a perfect world you have people only voting for 2 candidates who are both sponsored by the same special interests. Neither of which actually care about the country or it's people, and serve only in the capacity to further the interest of their highest donors.

Have a nice day.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000

/thread.