What is it about women?

venk

Banned
Dec 10, 2000
I was shooting some hoops this afternoon after work at the local gym. This is something I do most days after work as kind of a cathartic release from the stress of the day and think about what I?m going to do for the rest of the night, the rest of the week, the rest of my life.

In short, it is not a time I tend to think about women.

Today while I was shooting, two girls (fairly attractive, no pics sorry) started shooting at the same hoop. A couple minutes go by and I noticed that I was shooting three point shots four feet deeper than I regularly do. Usually, I shot them right behind the three point line, but pretty much as soon as the girls arrived I instinctively started taking deeper and deeper shots. Like I said, this is down time for me and I?m not interested in meeting girls during this time and this was no exception.

I didn't really notice the girls overtly, but subconsciously I think I was trying to impress them with my basketball shooting ability by taking the deeper shots. After I realized this I went back to shooting right behind the line for a while, but a couple minutes later, I was back to shooting from three to four feet behind the line.

It was almost like I wasn't in complete control of my actions.

They left a little while later, I didn't say a word to them, I didn't really care, and I went back to shooting normally never drifting out again.

What is about women that cause men to do these kinds of things to impress them even when they consciously know that a)they may not be interested in the girl or b)shooting from 25 feet as opposed to 21 feet isn't going to impresses anybody except a fat, sweaty old gym teacher.

Cliffs
-------
-Woman make men do weird things

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
You're not one of those grunters are you? I don't know who those guys are impressing but it sure the hell ain't the girls. I see them laughing in the corner all the time.

Dimmu

Jun 24, 2005
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
im going out on a limb here but id say it has to do with sex.......

...I don't know....it's sounding kinda farfetched to me...

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
They were waiting for you to drive so they could swat your weak sh1t away 3 point man. :p