What is Enduro?

SHIROI RAKUEN

Feb 18, 2013
Is Enduro an OEM? I've looked at many forums that were filled with people with problems with the 7970m enduro(apparently it has been fixed since), but since I don't know what enduro is... :/

PS : I also heard that the alienware M17x didn't have this problem bcz quote : "In the meantime, if you simply must have an HD 7970M notebook, Alienware’s inclusion of software controlled muxes to allow the disabling of Enduro makes that the safest bet."

How can I know if XMG(Schenker) laptops have the problem or not :/

Thx

SHIROI RAKUEN

Feb 18, 2013
So... how will I be able to know if XMG laptops have (like alienware) the possibility of disabling enduro? Will I need to phone them?

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
You can't disable Enduro (that I'm aware of). Either it works properly or it doesn't. Only way to "disable" Enduro is to remove the discrete video card and use the integrated.

SHIROI RAKUEN

Feb 18, 2013
You can't disable Enduro (that I'm aware of). Either it works properly or it doesn't. Only way to "disable" Enduro is to remove the discrete video card and use the integrated.

No, actually there is a way, with Alienware at least. I'll have to press fn+f7 & it will ask me if I want to reboot & only use GPU & I say yes. Look it up.

My question is, how can I know if I can do the same thing on another laptop(Schenker laptops)? Do I have to phone them & ask to talk to a tech?