what is a hit on FaD?

memo

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2000
what is a hit mean exactly? also i think i signed up for the team AT but im not sure if it went through, is there anyway to verify that i ahve joined?

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
About 6 to 12 hours after you sent in your first WU you should show up on the official FaD stats under TeAm Anandtech. Look here: http://stats.findadrug.org.uk/stats1.php?Team=33&Period=1&Order=GFlops and look farther down the list.

Out TeAm number is 2039 - you should have entered that number in you FaD setup.

A hit is basically an certain folding/bending/constelation/position of the molecule that crunch on that fits to some requested parameters of the FaD crew. So when you get a hit, it means that one of the molecules you did was able to attach to another molecule and thus might interact with it. That interaction might be to inhibit furhter growth, to accelerate growth or many more, depending on the project.

:beer:

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
I just looked you up on the stast, you're already in there. Welcome to [TA]FaD memo!!

:beer::D:beer:

1 job / 2 hits / 9843 molecules / 9832 GFlops / 0.31 days.

Way to go!

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
A hit means that the "drug" under test interacted with the target site on the molecule.

If the drug is intended to interact with the molecule ... that is a good thing.

If the drug is NOT intended to interact with the molecule (a side effect) then that is not a good thing.

Generally speaking, we look for drugs with hits that interact in a "good" way with a "bad" molecule ...

in some jobs, usually methodology, we may be testing those candidate drugs to ensure that they DO NOT interact with the molecules required for life.

mondo

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
On a lighter note ...

Watch the stats for Saturday ... the rest of the team will find the true meaning of a "hit"

mrwizer

Nov 7, 2004
Originally posted by: mondobyte
On a lighter note ...

Watch the stats for Saturday ... the rest of the team will find the true meaning of a "hit"

Ohhh, sounds ominous. :)

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Hey mondo
Great God son did you fire up the warp core again :p

The reprocussions are being felt around the fad world...They'll definately know you are coming :p