what is a good a2dp headset for my cell phone?

Semidevil

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2002
I'm interested in buying a bluetooth headset for my phone for when I go to the gym and work out, I can have something wireless to listen to.

My phone is an LG vu? What is a good, best bang for buck headset for my phone? Quality is important, but does not have to be the best. I would like it to at least match the generic wired ones that came with the phone, or exceed it. comfort is also important as I will be on the treadmill.

budget: under $70

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I'd recommend taking a look at the motorokr headsets. They're like wrap-around headphones that hook on your ears, so they should stay in place pretty good.

Myself, I use the jabra bt3030 with a set of in-ear headphones. The main bt3030 unit hangs on a chain around your neck, you can put it under your shirt or whatever.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
MOTOROKR S9

They were on sale at buy.com last week for less than $50. At that price, a steal.

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
I just got these (Motorokr S9) and they work great with good range. Use them for work. Not enough base yet, but I haven't found an equalizer for WM player yet. Didn't come with one. I have a Moto Q9h. Love this danged phone. I got a registry hacker and with the new W mobile 6.1 I've done a lot of great stuff with it. Who needs an Ipod when my phone does it all including wi-fi now.

SViper

Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: akshatp
MOTOROKR S9

They were on sale at buy.com last week for less than $50. At that price, a steal.

I would personally stay away from the S9's. I had a problem after a few months of usage. After a while, the volume will automatically go to its lowest setting, and the volume up button fails to work. The next track button fails to work as well.

After doing a google search, it seems that this is a common problem with this headset. Apparently sweat gets in and messes things up.

Motorola does honor their 1-year warranty, but I didn't want to go through the hassle, so I just own a broken pair of the headset.

I did do a little research and found this pair: http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jay...eadphones-overview.php

They have a standard 1-year warranty, but I saw that they have a lifetime warranty against any damage to the headset caused by sweat. That right there has me sold on this one. As a matter of fact, I just ordered a pair about 5 mins ago. I'll put up a review if anyone is interested.

JohnAn2112

Diamond Member
May 8, 2003
SViper,

The Jaybird set looks very nice. If you don't mind posting a review once you get them, it'd be appreciated. :)

SViper

Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: JohnAn2112
SViper,

The Jaybird set looks very nice. If you don't mind posting a review once you get them, it'd be appreciated. :)

Sure thing. They are supposed to be in on Tuesday, so I'll post up a review around then. I'll create a new thread for them.