What if Newton became the nominee ? Would you vote for him?

If Newton is the nominee, Will you vote for him knowing his history?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
This is for the right-wing/republican/conservative posters only;

If by some freak chance Newton became the Republican nominee, Would you still vote for him, knowing his history?

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
No, abstaining. I only care about his "history" because he's paining himself riding on the neocon high horse.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Too early to say.

I know he's not perfect, worse than that I know he sat on the couch with Pelosi. He prides himself on deal making which is dangerous for small government. He's a constant liability for betraying us, like he did with the Paul Ryan budget.

He is dangerously close to the Democrats, but so is Romney.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
It could happen. Conservatives and Evangelicals don't like Willard and have to pick someone to take him out. The only choices left are Newton and Santorum or Paul, and we all know it won't be Paul.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Too early to say.

I know he's not perfect, worse than that I know he sat on the couch with Pelosi. He prides himself on deal making which is dangerous for small government. He's a constant liability for betraying us, like he did with the Paul Ryan budget.

He is dangerously close to the Democrats, but so is Romney.

The Ryan budget... the tax dream scheme of the true Bush constituency & the grand cornholio for the rest of the nation. Even Newt isn't that transparently arrogant or foolish, but his own tax scheme comes very close, as do those of the rest of the Repub field.

Yes we canz cut taxes to balance the budget and cut spending to create jerbs! It's magic!

If Newt wins the nomination, Righties will still vote for him or stay home & get drunk, take your pick. He'll have a lock on the solid South, bet on that. He knows his base, panders shamelessly to their lingering bigotry & fears in a way that Romney doesn't even comprehend.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Judging by the poll so far, I can guess spidey and cybertroll would vote for newt.

I had not even entered this thread yet!

Sadly, this year I am against forced to vote against someone rather than for someone. Look at what Obama has done so far when he wants to be reelected and has to at least pretend he cares about the common American...now imagine what Obama would do when he knows he cannot get reelected and no longer has to pretend!

I am pretty much against any president obtaining a second term.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
The Ryan budget... the tax dream scheme of the true Bush constituency & the grand cornholio for the rest of the nation. Even Newt isn't that transparently arrogant or foolish, but his own tax scheme comes very close, as do those of the rest of the Repub field.

Yes we canz cut taxes to balance the budget and cut spending to create jerbs! It's magic!

If Newt wins the nomination, Righties will still vote for him or stay home & get drunk, take your pick. He'll have a lock on the solid South, bet on that. He knows his base, panders shamelessly to their lingering bigotry & fears in a way that Romney doesn't even comprehend.
Actually, he does anything but pander to the South. He pretty much forced GA to take a confederate flag down and he has a long history of supporting affirmative action. It's pretty pathetic that he tries so hard to get black votes and how the MSM smears Dr. Paul yet Dr. Paul comes out way ahead with blacks.

Anyway, Obama's an ever so slightly lesser evil than any of the Republicans other than Dr. Paul. I'm sure as hell not going to vote for Obama unless someone were to use force to get me to do so.

Last edited:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I had not even entered this thread yet!

Sadly, this year I am against forced to vote against someone rather than for someone. Look at what Obama has done so far when he wants to be reelected and has to at least pretend he cares about the common American...now imagine what Obama would do when he knows he cannot get reelected and no longer has to pretend!

I am pretty much against any president obtaining a second term.
I agree. House of Representatives should be (1) 4 year term, and the Presidency and Senate each (1) 6 year term. I heard that 95% or so of incumbents get reelected.