What if Kobe Bryant was White?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrYogi

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Macro2
Sounds like jail time for Kobe.

These guys will never learn.

Well, we really do not know what has happened. May be he did rape her. May be she gave her consent and then decided to make some money. Why does she will have those injuries? Come on, he is 6'5" and 220 lbs. She is gonna have injuries even if it was consentual.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MrYogi
Originally posted by: Macro2
Sounds like jail time for Kobe.

These guys will never learn.

Well, we really do not know what has happened. May be he did rape her. May be she gave her consent and then decided to make some money. Why does she will have those injuries? Come on, he is 6'5" and 220 lbs. She is gonna have injuries even if it was consentual.

?? That last part makes no sense.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Tripleshot
Originally posted by: dahunan
It's not about race. It's about RAPE! It's about a famous athlete,married with children, using his fame and wealth to take unrightous dominion over a 19 year old nieve woman who begged him to stop the unwanted sex while he had his hands around her throat.
Anyone minimizing this is an ass. And that's what I think of this poster of this thread question. What the hell is wrong with you people? Do you think rape is some trivial thing to chat about over the water cooler? This bastard defiled a woman, and shamed his wife, his children, his fans, and his team. He is the lowest thing I have seen on news and it disgusts me that morons think this bastard is the victom and the girl is the villian, and that is this bastards defense. Try keeping up with the news, people.
rolleye.gif

And your color is?

Answer: None of your business, meathead. does it matter? NO! :|

If he was white there wouldn't even have been any charges filed by the police.

It is nice to know that you are TripleShot the Omniscious... we will contact you whenever the courts decide they don't need a 12 member jury.

Answer: Don't bother. I don't know the we in your remark, and don't give a sh!t either. :disgust:

Do you know anything about this woman? ANYTHING? (Does celebrity chaser/twice failed attempted murderer/bragged about fvcking a justin timberlake look-alike/possible sexaholic while in college -- mean anything to you?

Answer: Where the hell do you come up with this? You have intimate knowledge? You are real tool. Put your bolds up your anal orrifce :disgust:

Where are all of Kobe's other victims?

Answer: We are all victims in one sense or another. I feel victimised because I used to respect this athlete. I have absolutlely NO RESPECT for him now or anyone who defends him. Remember, He admited he had sex with her, and he drug his wife to the press conference. Just wait for the fallout now that his wife has the graphic details like we do. What do you think his kids think of him now?

Sorry, you're too inmature to realize these things. Get back in your crib.
rolleye.gif

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: dahunan
It's not about race. It's about RAPE! It's about a famous athlete,married with children, using his fame and wealth to take unrightous dominion over a 19 year old nieve woman who begged him to stop the unwanted sex while he had his hands around her throat.
Anyone minimizing this is an ass. And that's what I think of this poster of this thread question. What the hell is wrong with you people? Do you think rape is some trivial thing to chat about over the water cooler? This bastard defiled a woman, and shamed his wife, his children, his fans, and his team. He is the lowest thing I have seen on news and it disgusts me that morons think this bastard is the victom and the girl is the villian, and that is this bastards defense. Try keeping up with the news, people.
rolleye.gif

And your color is?

Answer: None of your business, meathead. does it matter? NO! :|

If he was white there wouldn't even have been any charges filed by the police.

It is nice to know that you are TripleShot the Omniscious... we will contact you whenever the courts decide they don't need a 12 member jury.

Answer: Don't bother. I don't know the we in your remark, and don't give a sh!t either. :disgust:

Do you know anything about this woman? ANYTHING? (Does celebrity chaser/twice failed attempted murderer/bragged about fvcking a justin timberlake look-alike/possible sexaholic while in college -- mean anything to you?

Answer: Where the hell do you come up with this? You have intimate knowledge? You are real tool. Put your bolds up your anal orrifce :disgust:

Where are all of Kobe's other victims?

Answer: We are all victims in one sense or another. I feel victimised because I used to respect this athlete. I have absolutlely NO RESPECT for him now or anyone who defends him. Remember, He admited he had sex with her, and he drug his wife to the press conference. Just wait for the fallout now that his wife has the graphic details like we do. What do you think his kids think of him now?

rolleye.gif

realize?? Once again.. you claim to know the truth about everything concerning this case <<that = immature.

Thank you.

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: calbear2000
Suppose he had the same fame and marketing power. But he was White. Would his case get the same media attention?

Ever heard of William Kennedy Smith?

Now stfu. :)

I just hate when you guys inject race in to something like this.

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
CO is one of the white-est states in the nation but alas he's nothing more than another celebrity accused of sexual assault. Now the various racists/religiosity (yeah I know probably not a word) are probably stoking this one:

1) Black man is an animal that cannot control his primal urges hence you should lock of your virginal daughters and give the wife a gun.

2) Low class miscegenating white girl going to the room of a black man (unaccompanied) and engaging in consensual kissing . . . clearly a woman of low moral character.

Sometimes you make me sick.

You sound like the racist. You must think only white people can be racist, or be uncomfortable with interracial relationships.

Why don't you ask the black women what they think of black men who go after non-black women. I think you will find that many of them hate it. It tells them they are not as good looking and desirable as those other women.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
You sound like the racist. You must think only white people can be racist, or be uncomfortable with interracial relationships.

i hate that crap. remember that ignorant phrase "reverse racism"?!?!

i hate that people try and make this woman look bad publicly. i think a lot of the arguments they bring against her character have nothing to do with rape. it is possible to rape a whore; it does not matter what kind of person you are - no amount of bad behavior on your part deems rape acceptable.
this, of course, assumes she is telling the truth. and unless she is completely nuts, she would gain very little from continuing the trial otherwise.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Another man's semen reportedly found on Bryant's accuser
BY GREG GITTRICH AND CORKY SIEMASZKO
New York Daily News

NEW YORK - (KRT) - Kobe Bryant's defense team believes it has proof that the woman who accused him of rape had sex with at least one other man shortly before the alleged attack, the New York Daily News learned on Friday.

The revelation came a day after Bryant's lead defense lawyer, Pamela Mackey, caused an uproar at a court hearing by asking whether the woman's vaginal tearing was the result of "sex with three different men in three days."

Retired Eagle County District Court Judge William Jones said Mackey asked the question because she has physical evidence suggesting the tearing could have happened during an earlier sexual encounter.

"There was more than one man's semen found in her panties," Jones said. "That's what's behind all of this."

Jones said he learned of this from Mackey's co-counsel, Hal Haddon.

"I have known him for 40 years," Jones said. "He was doing some work for me and he mentioned it to me. It will come out in due course."

more at url
http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/6985883.htm

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
rolleye.gif

nice to see you are going to let the truth come out at trial.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
If Kobe was white and some chick came up to his hotel room to show him her butt tattoo, he would have had sex with her too. I don't care if he was white or black, if some mental chick had sex with 3 dudes in a couple of days, and then went to his room to show him her butt in the middle of the night, and then accused him of bending her over a chair and raping her, I would be suspicious too.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Originally posted by: SuperTool
If Kobe was white and some chick came up to his hotel room to show him her butt tattoo, he would have had sex with her too. I don't care if he was white or black, if some mental chick had sex with 3 dudes in a couple of days, and then went to his room to show him her butt in the middle of the night, and then accused him of bending her over a chair and raping her, I would be suspicious too.

What butt tatoo? I have not seen that in the transcript. Care to show a credible link?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
<<The revelation came a day after Bryant's lead defense lawyer, Pamela Mackey, caused an uproar at a court hearing by asking whether the woman's vaginal tearing was the result of "sex with three different men in three days."

Retired Eagle County District Court Judge William Jones said Mackey asked the question because she has physical evidence suggesting the tearing could have happened during an earlier sexual encounter.

I fail to see the connection between physical evidence of an earlier sexual encounter and "sex with 3 different men in 3 days." I'd be much abliged if someone could point it out to me.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Sometimes you make me sick.

Why don't you ask the black women what they think of black men who go after non-black women. I think you will find that many of them hate it. It tells them they are not as good looking and desirable as those other women.
I would explain my post to you but why waste my time?

I know absolutely nothing about the alleged victim other than the tidbits in the media.
1) Young ?attractive white female that worked at a resort/hotel
2) ?history of psychiatric disturbances including a ?suicide gesture/attempt
3) Friends and family that say she was traumatized by the assault and seeks justice not money or fame.
4) At least one ?acquaintance that says she was not traumatized and was essentially bragging about the encounter +/- Bryants member.

All we sort of know is what both parties acknowledge:
1) She was in his room at his invitation and her acceptance.
2) Flirting was mutal (verbal banter) including reference's to tattoos that required her to lift her dress to reveal (I thought it was on her ankle not her butt but I don't really know or care).
3) Kissing (some degree of physical contact) was mutual.

At this point their accounts diverge sort of. I imagine Bryant will testify ( . . . and he must testify to have any semblance of credibility) will produce a largely similar account of sexual activity but the notable caveat of saying she never objected to the activity. If he interpreted her multiple "No"s as consent then he deserves a long jail term. But if he says he never heard "no" and she did not resist, it's just as reasonable to believe him as her.

Physical evidence can be telling but different semen samples require an explanation. I don't care if she had sex with ten men in two days. If Bryant forced himself upon her then he should go to jail. But if she had consensual sex with 2 or 3 men (including Bryant) over a short period of time, the physical evidence from the Rape Kit is just as consistent with those encounters as one episode of sexual assault.

It will take a trial and proper presentation of evidence to ascertain the truth. At this point, I have reserved judgement other than thinking:

Kobe: adulterer; dumb, consensual or not you have no idea where that woman has been;
Alleged Victim: don't know what to think

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
dude, you must have lived one amazingly sheltered life to believe so strongly what this nieve woman has to say. from my own experiences while i was in my late teens i can surely say with at least 80% certianty that this is a false accusation

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001

what indicated to you that she was there against her will? if i remember correctly she was there holding his arm - certainly didnt appear to be there against her will. and fyi, his kid is like <1yr old.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
it doesnt matter how many men she had consensual sex with that week, that morning or in her entire life if she did not consent to this one instance.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Originally posted by: josphII

what indicated to you that she was there against her will? if i remember correctly she was there holding his arm - certainly didnt appear to be there against her will. and fyi, his kid is like <1yr old.

Are you freakin stupid? What the hell do you think this trial is about? Where have you been that you don't see this as a trial against Kobe for unlawful sex IE: RAPE! The whole damn trial is about this being AGAINST her will. You are braindead. Go back to OT. You contibute nothing to an intelligent discussion. :disgust:

And I hope his kid sees his daddy on weekend visits when he is 18 through prison glass.

calbear2000

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2001
rolleye.gif

Were you this emotional during the Mark Chmura accusations from a 17-year old?

You're right though... anyone asking questions is an ass. Its much easier to irrationally pre-determine guilt.

Morbius

Feb 15, 2002
Originally posted by: SViscusi
Originally posted by: calbear2000
Suppose he had the same fame and marketing power. But he was White. Would his case get the same media attention?

More

Imagine a white basketball player that good?

Then he would be Larry Bird !