What I have found out about God.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
All the information needed to create a baby, or a rose, exists in its starting genetic material. - FaaR

That information created itself?

Actually, babies and roses DO create themselves. :p All the information needed to create a baby, or a rose, exists in its starting genetic material. They grow themselves, completely by themselves. Living organisms are in essence self-assembling factories. A cell is nothing but bio-machinery; no hocus pocus involved at all.

If you want to be nitpicky you could say, "well, THAT genetic material didn't create itself!", and no it didn't; it came from a previous rose/baby (or a set of them). And their genetic material came from a generation prior to them, which came from a generation prior to them and so on and so forth. When you go far back enough, the rose ceases to be a rose, the baby ceases to be a baby. These lifeforms were at some point a prior lifeform, as were those lifeforms a prior lifeform at an earlier stage. And if you were to go back far enough, you would end up with something that wasn't so much an organism as something that more resembled a simple algae or bacterium or the like. And going back further you would eventually end up with a RNA-like molecule capable of self-replication.

...Which came into existence because it could. Conditions were right for its occurrence, and there were millions and millions of years of time available for random chemical reactions to take place.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
In the case of religion... -Occams

God and religion are not identical.

No. In the case of religion it depends upon the capacity of the person to ignore evidence and believe in fairy tales. Explain to me who created your god and how it was done before explaining to me how your god created the universe.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD ! - DigDog

That was in primitive times, today God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning; today's man knows better, God does not demand blood.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD !

SKULLS FOR THE THRONE !

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD ! - DigDog

That was in primitive times, today God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning; today's man knows better, God does not demand blood.
The god you created might not demand blood. Other folks have different ideas about that.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
How so? - IronWing

Because God is independent of all things that did not create themselves, but are created by God, Who in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Are there beings which created themselves?
No, because in order for a thing to create itself it must be already existing, and as it is already existing, it does not need to create itself.

So, in the long terms, there is always existence, which is divided into God Who is existing from Himself, by Himself, of Himself, and in Himself, and through Himself, and everything else not God Himself is created by God.

Gods are as you choose them to be. - IronWing

In which case they are not God. - Marius Dejess

How so? - IronWing

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
How so? - IronWing

Because God is independent of all things that did not create themselves, but are created by God, Who in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Are there beings which created themselves?
No, because in order for a thing to create itself it must be already existing, and as it is already existing, it does not need to create itself.

So, in the long terms, there is always existence, which is divided into God Who is existing from Himself, by Himself, of Himself, and in Himself, and through Himself, and everything else not God Himself is created by God.
Again, you chose to give your god this attribute. As it is your god and you have the freedom to style your gods as you wish, there can be no rebuttal or any basis for reasoned discussion concerning the attributes you have chosen to bestow on your god.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
The god you created might not demand blood. Other folks have different ideas about that. - IronWing

Nothing created God, including myself; anyone human claiming to create his own god and even prays to it, then he is not doing genuine thinking, the kind that is grounded on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas.

There are still humans today who create their own gods or what we might call idols, and pray to them, and seek favors from them.

Google this line, "Folks who make their own gods [idols]".

The god you created might not demand blood. Other folks have different ideas about that.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
...there can be no rebuttal or any basis for reasoned discussion concerning the attributes you have chosen to bestow on your god. - IronWing

No need to rebut each other's contention, I am not into rebutting you, and you need not rebut me.

What is the most reasonable in our exchange of thoughts is to first we work together to concur on the concepts, principles, and conclusions: that we should observe together in resolving an issue, like God exists or not.

Please think about my proposal.

Again, you chose to give your god this attribute. As it is your god and you have the freedom to style your gods as you wish, there can be no rebuttal or any basis for reasoned discussion concerning the attributes you have chosen to bestow on your god.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
I have to leave for now, I will be back in the afternoon, please think about this sentence from me:

Existence is the default status of reality.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
truths, facts, logic,

of which you have none
main-qimg-5f08acc96b01bb8f06b2f11e69473950

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
If we can't explain how the Earth came to be, then God must have created it.

If we can;'t explain how life came to be, then God must have created it.

But no one ever asks, just who created God?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Staples, you mean that if I don't know how something was created by God, that is reason for me to deny God exists?

God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

That man does not know how He did it, that is no basis to conclude that God does not exist.

When you were a baby, you did not know how your papa and mama brought you into the world; so, you deny that they exist?

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
But no one ever asks, just who created God? - Staples

The god you want to ask who created, is not any god worth creating at all.

God by definition of people like myself who know Him to exist in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, this God does not need any god to create, because he is the very essence of existence - and everything that is not Him i.e. God, is created by Him.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Man not knowing how something that has a beginning to its existence - that is NO basis for man to conclude that it is created by God, in concept as the ultimate creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Ooh, I like this. It takes all the fun out of "I don't know how X occurred therefore I declare god did it".

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
The god you created might not demand blood. Other folks have different ideas about that. - IronWing

That's up to them, if they want to keep gods who demand blood.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Man not knowing how something that has a beginning to its existence - that is NO basis for man to conclude that it is created by God, in concept as the ultimate creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

Yet your thread title is "What I have found out about God", and judging by the string of unsupported assertions, and questions (which imply strongly that you believe in the logical fallacy I mentioned) you've been posting in this thread, the answer to the statement you made in the thread title is "Exactly nothing", which is no surprise to anyone else since it's one of the oldest questions in human existence.

So try to suggest that you're intellectually above "I don't understand X so therefore God did it", that's the stage you're at, whether or not you want to deny it and pretend you know the answer so therefore you didn't "logically deduce" it. One is as intellectually invalid a position as the other.

Dude, if you like the idea that there is a God out there who has some kind of hand in the way of things in the universe, if that makes you feel good, then have faith in that the universe is unfolding as it should thanks to that entity. Faith is a positive force and it's good to experience it. However trying to equate faith with fact and all you're going to do is end up with conflict in one or more levels of your existence.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
"God in Concept" is no different than "Spiderman in Concept". It is an exercise in Imagination. Science has shown over and over again that every answered question using empirical facts is based upon the natural basis of our Universe. The advantage that Scientific Facts have is that they are Actionable. Meaning that, the Knowledge of them can make accurate Predictions and also give us the ability to change things to our benefit. For example, Einsteins Theory of Relativity allowed us to predict and realize things like Nuclear Weapons and Nuclear Energy. Can your "God" Concept do anything approaching that practicality and if so, How?

You also keep using the term "He" which is a very odd and specific distinction that doesn't correlate with this model of a Conceptual "God". Does this "God" have a Mate or need to Procreate?

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Oh the religion threads always go over so nicely, i will sit and just WATCH. Well for now.