What I have found out about God.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
What I have found out about God.

I have found out that God in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

And how did I find that out?

By reasoning on truths, facts, logic, and the history of ideas.

What is the benefit to me from the concept of God as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning?

It brings me to the certain knowledge that God exists, whereas before I had only the belief that God exists, but not the certain knowledge.

Still I can't get God to talk with me.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I am going to suggest that what you call "certain knowledge" is actually just "really really really Believing". Knowledge can be Demonstrated. So please, demonstrate this Knowledge.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
I am going to suggest that what you call "certain knowledge" is actually just "really really really Believing". Knowledge can be Demonstrated. So please, demonstrate this Knowledge.

I'm going to suggest that "really really really believing" is actually just "complete bullshit and faulty reasoning".

OP slips into the same logical fallacies that trap the truly stupid. A person can't accept not knowing how the universe came to be and invents a god to account for it without ever growing the one brain cell necessary to ask how god came to be.

It's okay to be confused by the origin of the universe, that's beyond human understanding. But creating something even more unfathomable, a being capable of creating the universe just makes it worse.

Hey, there's a spaghetti sauce stain on my kitchen floor!! How did it get there? I wasn't home, I don't like spaghetti, I never spill anything. This is impossible, I can't understand how it happened. Therefore, an invisible man did it. If a person can't understand how incredibly stupid that logic chain is and doesn't recognize that he's doing it himself he deserves a lifetime of delusions.

Explaining away something difficult to understand by attributing it to something more difficult to understand is not an explanation, it's idiocy.

• Love
Reactions: Muse and Pohemi

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If you want a god to talk to you and you went through the trouble of making a god anyway, why didn’t you make a god that talks to you? But that’s water under the bridge. Just make a new god that talks to you.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
If you want a god to talk to you and you went through the trouble of making a god anyway, why didn’t you make a god that talks to you? But that’s water under the bridge. Just make a new god that talks to you.

No, that's proof god exists!!! No real god would be caught dead taking to somebody like OP, so the lack of communication is a sign! Praise be!!

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Thanks, sandorski, for your reply.

You say knowledge can be demonstrated, and I should demonstrate it.

First, we have to concur on what is it to demonstrate something, and how to demonstrate it.

You have the privilege to be first to tell readers what it is to demonstrate and how to demonstrate something, becauise you are the one bringing in the word, demonstrate.

You see, unless we are concurred on the what and the how in re to demonstrate something, it is impossible for us to be fruitful at all, on resolving the issue, whether my knowledge of God existing is in its core just belief, and not certain knowledge.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
Thanks, sandorski, for your reply.

You say knowledge can be demonstrated, and I should demonstrate it.

First, we have to concur on what is it to demonstrate something, and how to demonstrate it.

You have the privilege to be first to tell readers what it is to demonstrate and how to demonstrate something, becauise you are the one bringing in the word, demonstrate.

You see, unless we are concurred on the what and the how in re to demonstrate something, it is impossible for us to be fruitful at all, on resolving the issue, whether my knowledge of God existing is in its core just belief, and not certain knowledge.

First, what all, on re to demonstrated, and there my knowledge. You say knowledge. You say knowledge can be fruitful at all, on readers whether be fruitful at all, one bring, be fruitful at and there my knowledge can be fruitful at issue, whething, be fruitful at all?

See, see the drunk sky, marvel at its big mauve depths.Tell me, do you wonder why your own reflection ignores you? Why its stare makes you feel lonely? I can tell you, it is worried by that wart that looks like a William Shatner growing on your neck. What's more, it knows your mothers underwear smells of tennis balls. Everything under the big drunk sky asks why, why do you even bother? You only drangle miseloquence through hornswaggling leering kumquats.

You know what I'm trying to say here.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
So, if you walked the length of a Mobius strip -- meaning you walked both sides without crossing from one side to the other side -- are you, therefore, God?

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Dear posters here, can you concur with me that babies and roses do not create themselves?
Actually, babies and roses DO create themselves. :p All the information needed to create a baby, or a rose, exists in its starting genetic material. They grow themselves, completely by themselves. Living organisms are in essence self-assembling factories. A cell is nothing but bio-machinery; no hocus pocus involved at all.

If you want to be nitpicky you could say, "well, THAT genetic material didn't create itself!", and no it didn't; it came from a previous rose/baby (or a set of them). And their genetic material came from a generation prior to them, which came from a generation prior to them and so on and so forth. When you go far back enough, the rose ceases to be a rose, the baby ceases to be a baby. These lifeforms were at some point a prior lifeform, as were those lifeforms a prior lifeform at an earlier stage. And if you were to go back far enough, you would end up with something that wasn't so much an organism as something that more resembled a simple algae or bacterium or the like. And going back further you would eventually end up with a RNA-like molecule capable of self-replication.

...Which came into existence because it could. Conditions were right for its occurrence, and there were millions and millions of years of time available for random chemical reactions to take place.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
You know what I'm trying to say here. - Occams

C
ould you write more clearly, please?

Anyway, I like to ask you whether what you see, Does it create itself?

First, what all, on re to demonstrated, and there my knowledge. You say knowledge. You say knowledge can be fruitful at all, on readers whether be fruitful at all, one bring, be fruitful at and there my knowledge can be fruitful at issue, whething, be fruitful at all?

See, see the drunk sky, marvel at its big mauve depths.Tell me, do you wonder why your own reflection ignores you? Why its stare makes you feel lonely? I can tell you, it is worried by that wart that looks like a William Shatner growing on your neck. What's more, it knows your mothers underwear smells of tennis balls. Everything under the big drunk sky asks why, why do you even bother? You only drangle miseloquence through hornswaggling leering kumquats.

You know what I'm trying to say here.

Last edited:
Reactions: JEDIYoda

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Explaining away something difficult to understand by attributing it to something more difficult to understand is not an explanation, it's idiocy. - Occams

But of course, easy or difficult to understand, it depends upon the capacity of the person concerned with understanding an explanation.

I'm going to suggest that "really really really believing" is actually just "complete bullshit and faulty reasoning".

OP slips into the same logical fallacies that trap the truly stupid. A person can't accept not knowing how the universe came to be and invents a god to account for it without ever growing the one brain cell necessary to ask how god came to be.

It's okay to be confused by the origin of the universe, that's beyond human understanding. But creating something even more unfathomable, a being capable of creating the universe just makes it worse.

Hey, there's a spaghetti sauce stain on my kitchen floor!! How did it get there? I wasn't home, I don't like spaghetti, I never spill anything. This is impossible, I can't understand how it happened. Therefore, an invisible man did it. If a person can't understand how incredibly stupid that logic chain is and doesn't recognize that he's doing it himself he deserves a lifetime of delusions.

Explaining away something difficult to understand by attributing it to something more difficult to understand is not an explanation, it's idiocy.

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Just make a new god that talks to you. - IronWing

But then that would not be God.

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
Explaining away something difficult to understand by attributing it to something more difficult to understand is not an explanation, it's idiocy. - Occams

But of course, easy or difficult to understand, it depends upon the capacity of the person concerned with understanding an explanation.

No. In the case of religion it depends upon the capacity of the person to ignore evidence and believe in fairy tales. Explain to me who created your god and how it was done before explaining to me how your god created the universe.

Reactions: mikeymikec

Marius Dejess

Sep 7, 2015
Explain to me who created your god... - Occams

God that is created is not God Who in concept is the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning.

No. In the case of religion it depends upon the capacity of the person to ignore evidence and believe in fairy tales. Explain to me who created your god and how it was done before explaining to me how your god created the universe.