What have you done to make America strong today?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Troll thread obviously.

Here is a good article on the CBC that basically sums up my opinion about gun control in the US.

NSRFNRAM (Not Safe Reading For NRA Member)

Neil Macdonald: Death and delusion in a nation of assault rifles

I am a gun owner. 8 rifles, hunting rifles.

Our Canadian laws prohibit high capacity magazines and assault type rifle. Our mass murder rate by fire arms is way lower then in the US.
Canadians don't carry so we don't have to worry about getting shot if we get into an argument on the streets. We're doing OK up here.

Meanwhile in the states, your president has been praying, praying to god that another deranged gun owner does not lose it.

I hope Obama is done praying.

I hope he goes after your guns.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Was listening to NPR this morning. They were talking about how far Obama can go on gun control. They mentioned how we have over 380 million firmarms that are registered, many are sold privately at gun shows which doesn't require background check. If they make it mandatory, even at gun shows, what would happen?

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Took two of my kids to their doctors. One follow up for some nasty bronchitis and another for a tube that was removed a few weeks ago. My children are amazing. ^_^

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Fapped, went to Walmart to buy snacks, killed terrorists in Cawa-Dooty

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I went to work
Which means I paid taxes
Which means another 5 ghetto families will be fed
Which means there will be more Democrats to vote in elections
Which means I made the country weaker

Sorry about that

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
I went to work
Which means I paid taxes
Which means another 5 ghetto families will be fed
Which means there will be more Democrats to vote in elections
Which means I made the country weaker

Sorry about that

You bastard :thumbsdown:

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Was listening to NPR this morning. They were talking about how far Obama can go on gun control. They mentioned how we have over 380 million firmarms that are registered, many are sold privately at gun shows which doesn't require background check. If they make it mandatory, even at gun shows, what would happen?

We don't have an answer to this. Using this type of thinking makes way more sense than banning a specific type of firearm which we know doesn't work.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Troll thread obviously.

Here is a good article on the CBC that basically sums up my opinion about gun control in the US.

NSRFNRAM (Not Safe Reading For NRA Member)

Neil Macdonald: Death and delusion in a nation of assault rifles

I am a gun owner. 8 rifles, hunting rifles.

Our Canadian laws prohibit high capacity magazines and assault type rifle. Our mass murder rate by fire arms is way lower then in the US.
Canadians don't carry so we don't have to worry about getting shot if we get into an argument on the streets. We're doing OK up here.

Meanwhile in the states, your president has been praying, praying to god that another deranged gun owner does not lose it.

I hope Obama is done praying.

I hope he goes after your guns.

That's pretty much my view. I don't even own any guns and I feel 100% safe. Those who do own have them for hunting, mostly. There may be the occasional criminal that may have managed to get their hands on ARs and stuff, but it's not something you hear about all that often and it's taken very seriously. In the states, guns are basically like cell phones and are a normal item most people always have on them. Many shootings happen and it's "oh well, not much we can do".

Guns are taken more seriously here. Even with hunting guns, you need a license, you can't just carry it around for fun, etc. It's rare that a gun is involved in any kind of conflict here. You piss off an American, and the first move is to pull out his gun and point it at you. He might get mad enough to actually shoot.

Piss off a Canadian and he'll maybe throw his poutine at you. No, really. Couple hot gravy burns later and messed up hair but nobody was killed.

Last edited:

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I own a bunch of guns and I feel 100% safe. I'm going to start carrying concealed next week and it has nothing to do with any feeling of safety. I'm not in fear of fire yet I have a fire extinguisher and smoke detectors.

Plus then there's the whole issue of how banning certain firearms won't save lives.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
An "argument on the street" Ian how most murders happen. Sure some, but for fucks sake.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com

i remember at one point NRA was in favor of national instant background check..even being applied at gun shows.

what happened?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
i remember at one point NRA was in favor of national instant background check..even being applied at gun shows.

what happened?

The NRA is hosting a major news conference, I believe on the 21st. I'm willing to bet that they plan on announcing suggestions that might help.

They obviously see the want for new legislation but 1. Know that the legislation that gun grabbers are proposing is total bullshit, and 2. Honestly want to come up with something that helps.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

what happened?

I'd be fine with instant background checks for every gun purchase if it would shut the gun grabbers up. But it won't.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
I bought a few hundred dollars worth of 30rd AR magazines, 50rd 10/22 magazines, and 20rd handgun mags.

I don't know why though, I lost all of my guns in a tragic boating accident. Very sad.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
I bought a few hundred dollars worth of 30rd AR magazines, 50rd 10/22 magazines, and 20rd handgun mags.

I don't know why though, I lost all of my guns in a tragic boating accident. Very sad.

Tragic lost indeed. A real man would have dived to save is guns.

I am sorry, I have lost ALL respect for you.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
The NRA is hosting a major news conference, I believe on the 21st. I'm willing to bet that they plan on announcing suggestions that might help.

They obviously see the want for new legislation but 1. Know that the legislation that gun grabbers are proposing is total bullshit, and 2. Honestly want to come up with something that helps.

nono, i fully realize this.

i was referring to the NIBC that NRA was proposing and backing as a comparison to the brady waiting period...back when it was proposed in the...90's?

i thought this shit had been solved.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
nono, i fully realize this.

i was referring to the NIBC that NRA was proposing and backing as a comparison to the brady waiting period...back when it was proposed in the...90's?

i thought this shit had been solved.

Not sure. I actually back sensible legislation though, polls show that about 70-80% of NRA members agree.

I didn't start following firearms until 2004 when I was in Afghanistan and these forums were blocked by websense and ar15.com wasn't lol