What happens with vaccine syringes after use?

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Do they get melted and the melted material is recycled? Do they get locked away somewhere 100 feet underground?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
And all the vials. I do wonder the same myself... hopefully there's some kind of recycling program. Come to think of it what do hospitals do with sharps containers anyway? Do they just incinerate the whole contents? I guess it's better then ending up in the landfill or the ocean.

The vials are not really a biohazard so I'd imagine they can be rinsed out and put into normal glass recycling, but guess that depends how stingy the vaccine companies are about their IP. Someone that gets ahold of one could reverse engineer the vaccine.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Stanford University got a hold of some used vials and was able to reverse engineer them vaccines

what a time to be alive

i hope this reverse engineering can be applied to the entire body in the next 2 or 3 decades

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
And all the vials. I do wonder the same myself... hopefully there's some kind of recycling program. Come to think of it what do hospitals do with sharps containers anyway? Do they just incinerate the whole contents? I guess it's better then ending up in the landfill or the ocean.

The vials are not really a biohazard so I'd imagine they can be rinsed out and put into normal glass recycling, but guess that depends how stingy the vaccine companies are about their IP. Someone that gets ahold of one could reverse engineer the vaccine.
I used to work hazard waste, a long time ago, and we handled some biohaz, unfortunately. It is all incinerated.

Not sure about the sharps containers, but the larger containers that hold the trash bags and body parts, they will dump the contents and "clean" the container then send it back. I am pretty sure the sharps get burned with the container.

The vails likely just get thrown in the normal trash or recycling, they wouldn't be considered hazardous.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
The red states send them to underdeveloped nations filled with mostly brown people in hopes they will kill some off via infection and stuff.

There is allegedly a problem with hypodermic syringes being re-used in medical contexts in poorer nations. Allegedly they sometimes get repackaged and resold by criminals.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I was going to point out that the vaccine has done me no harm at all, and there's nothing in this Bill Gates conspiracy nonsense...unfortunately I'm too busy downloading an update.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Too bad Trudeau's China vaccine never happened, it probably would have been 6G! 6G is better than 5G because it's 1G higher.

You're on 5G here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on 5G on your phone. Where can you go from there? Where?

Actually, didn't Intel discover too late that you can't trademark numbers? Surprised no phone manufacturer has done a Cyrix and produced a phone branded as "6G".

Nov 8, 2012
Probably incinerated. Dunno though. A web search should tell you. Vaccine supplies aren't treated differently than normal medical supplies. The amount of waste in hospitals is staggering.
Yeap. Pretty sure this is the case as well.

I had some work for Stericycle at one point and learned a bit about that industry.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
You're on 5G here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on 5G on your phone. Where can you go from there? Where?

Actually, didn't Intel discover too late that you can't trademark numbers? Surprised no phone manufacturer has done a Cyrix and produced a phone branded as "6G".

I could see that confuse so many people haha. I already see people get confused over 5G cell technology and 5gig (often abbreviated 5G) wifi.

Reactions: pmv