What Happens When A Black Man And A White Man Try To Break Into The Same Car

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
There is no double standard. You just don't like an outcome that doesn't fit with your definition of utopia.

Sep 7, 2009
Because it's not like racists would all of a sudden be ok with his presence if he wasn't trying to steal his bike.

Have you watched the video?

The group of black women did the exact same thing... Didn't think twice about the well-dressed white kid.

So are they racist too? Is it really due to "deep rooted racism" or perhaps other factors...?

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Why would people be more suspicious of a black man appearing to steal a car than a white man?

Because he's black. People look at the white guy standing there and assume "Oh, he must be locked out", while racist garbage instantly assume the black guy is stealing the car.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Have you watched the video?

The group of black women did the exact same thing... Didn't think twice about the well-dressed white kid.

So are they racist too? Is it really due to "deep rooted racism" or perhaps other factors...?

Why don't you explain, KNOWING that both the black and white kid verbally confirm that they are stealing the bikes with different outcomes.

Sep 7, 2009
Why don't you explain, KNOWING that both the black and white kid verbally confirm that they are stealing the bikes with different outcomes.

I'm not the one with the issue here.

I think it's purely due to their clothing and behaviour. What I would like is a decent explanation on why you feel so strongly that this is purely due to deep rooted racism in our society.

So... Explain to me, if this is due to skin color racism and hatred, why it is that the black women feel the same way. Seems like that would indicate that people are suspicious due to other factors.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Yes, some blacks hold positive racist feelings for whites.

But LOL @ your second point, i see you're throwing your hat in the wing with the rest of the racist right on this sub. There were others who confronted him without that lady calling to his attention, you twit. AGAIN, you idiot moron, the white kid ADMITS to stealing the bike to other passerbys but nobody does a damn thing.

Ya, I didn't think you could enter into an intelligent discussion without the name calling. Real mature. If you watch the video, that lady was the first one to stop. When she stops 3 other people asking them to call the cops, there is only one other person there. That other person doesn't look to be confronting the kid but talking to the lady one the bike. I am not throwing my hat in with anything, I am just saying that one lady swayed the way things turned out in this video. But go on, if you feel insulting me proves your point more, go ahead.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Because it's not like racists would all of a sudden be ok with his presence if he wasn't trying to steal his bike.

That may be true. But you can't blame people for making assumptions based on their observation and experience, even if those assumptions are prejudicial.

Everyone is racist to the extent that they allow skin color to tell them anything about a person. But everyone does it, nonetheless.

Sep 7, 2009
<snip>

Everyone is racist to the extent that they allow skin color to tell them anything about a person. But everyone does it, nonetheless.

The funny thing to me, is it seems ok for a modern progressive so say that most white people are racist. They judge people purely based on their skin color.

Yet, racism is judging people purely based on skin color. And to them, being racist about racist is ok and not racist? :rolleyes:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
That may be true. But you can't blame people for making assumptions based on their observation and experience, even if those assumptions are prejudicial.

I'm not the one with the issue here.

I think it's purely due to their clothing and behaviour. What I would like is a decent explanation on why you feel so strongly that this is purely due to deep rooted racism in our society.

So... Explain to me, if this is due to skin color racism and hatred, why it is that the black women feel the same way. Seems like that would indicate that people are suspicious due to other factors.

Ya, I didn't think you could enter into an intelligent discussion without the name calling. Real mature. If you watch the video, that lady was the first one to stop. When she stops 3 other people asking them to call the cops, there is only one other person there. That other person doesn't look to be confronting the kid but talking to the lady one the bike. I am not throwing my hat in with anything, I am just saying that one lady swayed the way things turned out in this video. But go on, if you feel insulting me proves your point more, go ahead.

Not surprised racists are still making excuses, here's one more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQHdbW36XjE

There's no doubt in this one that BOTH the white group AND black group were committing crimes here (vandalizing a car).

The result was that the black group had 911 called on them 10 times while vandalizing and numerous confrontations from the white residents

The white group had 911 called on them only once

The REAL interesting thing was, while the white actors were vandalizing, the black group had 9/11 called on them TWICE while they were JUST SLEEPING IN A CAR.

It'll be interesting to see what excuses you typical racist shitheel conservatives come up with.

Last edited:

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
The funny thing to me, is it seems ok for a modern progressive so say that most white people are racist. They judge people purely based on their skin color.

Yet, racism is judging people purely based on skin color. And to them, being racist about racist is ok and not racist? :rolleyes:

No, being racist against certain races is wrong. Being racist against approved races is okay. That liberals approve of affirmative action is proof of this. That they talk of white privilege is also. All are predicated on making assumptions based on a person's race.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

There's no doubt in this one that BOTH the white group AND black group were committing crimes here (vandalizing a car).

The result was that the black group had 911 called on them 10 times while vandalizing and numerous confrontations from the white residents

The REAL interesting thing was, while the white actors were vandalizing, the black group had 9/11 called on them TWICE while they were JUST SLEEPING IN A CAR.

It'll be interesting to see what excuses you typical racist shitheel conservatives come up with.

Did you just call me a racist?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

Uh, the excuses are obvious. People associate blacks more with crime than they do whites.

How on earth can that be? Are crimes more likely to be committed by blacks than by whites in reality?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Did you just call me a racist?

Yes. The new tactic for racists these days is to proclaim that racism doesn't exist anymore/make excuses for when racist shit happens. You basically threw your hat with them.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Uh, the excuses are obvious. People associate blacks more with crime than they do whites.

How on earth can that be? Are crimes more likely to be committed by blacks than by whites in reality?

So what you're saying here is that, even though the white group is obviously committing a crime here (car vandalizing, it's not even remotely ambiguous like the other one), it's ok to give them a pass for it? Man, it's pretty great to be white with that attitude.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Yes. The new tactic for racists these days is to proclaim that racism doesn't exist anymore/make excuses for when racist shit happens. You basically threw your hat with them.

Ya, you are going to have to do better than that if you want to call me a racist. I made no such claim.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

The tactic for progressives for all eternity is to pretend it's 1963 in Birmingham.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
The tactic for progressives for all eternity is to pretend it's 1963 in Birmingham.

Just because you white conservatives aren't blasting black people with fire hoses, siccing dogs on them, and lynching them anymore doesn't mean serious structural racism doesn't exist.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Ya, you are going to have to do better than that if you want to call me a racist. I made no such claim.

You don't need to, i actually have more respect for stormfront type people who are honest about their racism than scum like you who tiptoe around it.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Just because you white conservatives aren't blasting black people with fire hoses, siccing dogs on them, and lynching them anymore doesn't mean serious structural racism doesn't exist.

Correction: white democrats.

Just because people still discriminate on basis of race, gender, religion, clothing, behavior, and speech doesn't make them soulless bigots, either.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Correction: white democrats.

Just because people still discriminate on basis of race, religion, clothing, behavior, and speech doesn't make them soulless bigots, either.

I said white conservatives, that doesn't mean they weren't democrats either, genius. These weren't birkenstock wearing hippies from san francisco. The GOP wanted those shitheads in the party later? Well, that's your legacy.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I said white conservatives, that doesn't mean they weren't democrats either, genius. These weren't birkenstock wearing hippies from san francisco. The GOP wanted those shitheads in the party later? Well, that's your legacy.

Right, I forgot. When anything good happens, it's because of liberals. When bad things happen, it's because of conservatives.

It must be nice having so simple-minded a worldview. Certainly cuts out the clutter called reality.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I didn't comment on the first one. The only video I have a problem with is the second one which is the first one you posted, but any criticism of anything you post automatically brings the name calling from you.

Translation: "Oh fuck, this video is much harder to make excuses for racists"

Again, this is why i threw you in with the other racists here.