What happens if you don't register with the selective service?

Wedesdo

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
What happens if you don't register with the selective service?

How do they know if you have registered or not? and do they go after you if you don't register?

thanks

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
You could go to jail and be fined. You may be denied student loan assistance, Federal job training, and most Federal employment.

More info

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
You are taken from your home in the early hours of the morning, and secretly moved to Hope, Arkansas, where you are forced to live until your death. Its quite a bit like the Witness Protection Program.

Wedesdo

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
i know what they "might" do.

the question is, DO THEY ACTUALLY DO IT?

i don't need federal loans, etc...

Wedesdo

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
oh. nevermind. this from cnn.

<< About 1.8 million 18-year-old men register each year. The agency estimates a 91 percent compliance rate among all men who must register. >>

this mean 9%, or 170,000 men each year do not register. i don't think they have the resources to track and prosecute that many ppl.

Oct 9, 1999
if you arent a us citizen, but planning to get your citizenship, you need to have an SSS registration.

That gets defaulted out after your 27 (aka they cant draft you after that I believe).

Even if the US goes to war, that chances that your drafted to join them is low. If you can prove that you cant be in the battle field its even better.

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Why not just register? It takes all of about 5 minutes to complete the process, and then there's no worrying about what *might* happen.