what happened to dvdprofiler?

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
i cant seem to access the site since a few days ago. they didnt tank did they?

TaylorD

Diamond Member
May 13, 2000
yeah noticed it yesterday... nothing on google news so hope the company didnt go under or something

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Time to look for alternatives :(

Are any of these other services compatible with CueCat barcode scanner?

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Time to look for alternatives :(

Are any of these other services compatible with CueCat barcode scanner?

There's a program written by a community member that will allow you use an encrypted CueCat on guzzlefish.com. Or, you could open the CueCat up, stick a piece of wire in, and it will output normal numbers.

TaylorD

Diamond Member
May 13, 2000
theres also a small free program that lets you use cuecat to input normal numbers

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Yes I'm aware of CatNip (the CueCat program which I use to scan DVD's) but which web site (other than DVDProfiler.com) does it work with?

TaylorD

Diamond Member
May 13, 2000
Yes I'm aware of CatNip (the CueCat program which I use to scan DVD's) but which web site (other than DVDProfiler.com) does it work with?

sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question - I use catnip (I think its the same) and it inputs just like a keyboard input would, so I'd assume itd work with anything.... But I use the downloaded DVDprofiler software, maybe you use a different interface and thats why I am confused?

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

No, you can modify the hardware on the inside of the CueCat so that it no longer outputs gibberish that must be translated. After modification, it will print out the UPC plus a carriage return.

All you have to do is connect two points with a piece of wire. Best part is you won't kill your computer or the cat by probing around inside with a piece of wire trying to find the correct points which changed from revision to revision.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
DVDProfiler.com is temporarily unavailable. We experienced a serious hardware failure and are working to resolve the issue.

Our new servers are in place and in the process of configuration and restore. As portions are reinstated and tested, they will become available.

Restore of full functionality is expected by end of day Monday.

Thank you for your patience and concern. Please be assured we are taking the necessary steps to prevent future service interruptions.