What happened at Acmemicro.com?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Over the years I've purchased a few things at Acmemicro.com. Not the best place by far, but I've been pleased enough to continue to shop there.

Today, I received an email from them; it really looks like they canned some major sales rep or something.

Dear ACME/8aNet customers, Rachel Gu, (other name Fang Gu) is no longer our employee. Please send your inquires to Sales@acmemicro.com or call 888-313-2263. Our sales and support team will provide excellent service to you right away! Our company believes in quality, service and competitive price. We conduct our business in an open and above-board manner. We do not seek any improper influence. This policies, procedures and practices are designed to prevent even the appearance of such influence. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question or concern. We appreciate your business and your support! Thank you! Best Regards, Sales and Support Team sales@acmemicro.com www.8anet.com www.acmemicro.com 888-313-2263

It's not like this is a life-altering event...but this IS OT, right? :p
Anybody know what happened?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: isekii
Maybe Rachel Gu started her own company ?

Quite possible. But the tone of the email suggests "Don't talk to her...she doesn't work here anymore and doesn't speak for us" etc. Heh, maybe she got canned for planning to abscond with their client list? :p Or something like that.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
or maybe she was scamming customers?

never heard of this company until now, btw.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Alot of companies have "personalized" customer servie, where the same rep takes care of you every time so they know your situation, etc.
This email was probably to let you know not to email her/him/it since she's not there anymore.

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
I'm guessing Rachel Gu was a customer service or sales Rep, so you may be right there. Sometimes when People who work in Customer service or Sales leave and go to another company, they steer customer to their new company. Acmemicro is trying to discourage that. Perfectly legal

However, Rachel Gu being a sales rep or customer service rep (the two titles may be interchangeble in this case) hardly qualifies as a major employee, and more likely she quit and is now employed by one of acmemicro's competitors.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Over the years I've purchased a few things at Acmemicro.com. Not the best place by far, but I've been pleased enough to continue to shop there.

Today, I received an email from them; it really looks like they canned some major sales rep or something.

Dear ACME/8aNet customers, Rachel Gu, (other name Fang Gu) is no longer our employee. Please send your inquires to Sales@acmemicro.com or call 888-313-2263. Our sales and support team will provide excellent service to you right away! Our company believes in quality, service and competitive price. We conduct our business in an open and above-board manner. We do not seek any improper influence. This policies, procedures and practices are designed to prevent even the appearance of such influence. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question or concern. We appreciate your business and your support! Thank you! Best Regards, Sales and Support Team sales@acmemicro.com www.8anet.com www.acmemicro.com 888-313-2263

It's not like this is a life-altering event...but this IS OT, right? :p
Anybody know what happened?

I think the bolded part above gives a clue as to what happened with Ms. Gu. Maybe she was involved in some sort of payola situation.

MotionMan

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
You guys are probably right...she's a nobody. But I found it interesting that they took the time to send out a mass email. Sales reps quit every day at CDW, Dell, HP, etc and they dont' send out emails. Then again, they aren't smallish companies (in comparision).

*shrug*