What happen to my Geocities email?

AzNKiD

Apr 1, 2002
Okay, i been using geocities for the past 4 years, and they merge with yahoo awhile back. i been using this geocities email account ever since and have register everything i do online with it, but recently, yahoo-geo has stop allowing pop3 axx with outlook, so i said oh well and just check the web mail. its been two weeks now, and i got no new email, so i wonder whats going on. then i decided to just email myself to westside-kid@geocities.com and guess what. i recieve NOTHING! i used the same email account, which i log in at mail yahoo now, but i dont reieve them. i dont even get a return error saying that there was no such account. just nothing happens. then i used my other hotmail and email to westside-kid@geocities.com. same thing, nothing recieved. and for just the hack of it, i email to westside-kid@yahoo.com and it works fine. recieves emails quick and simple, but what happen to my geocities domain mail? i been using that geo email name forever and with everything, i can't goto all my boards and other services to update my email, pls some1 tell me whats wrong!

westside-kid@yahoo.com <--- works fine,
westside-kid@geocities.com <--- does not work!!!

why?!?!?!?

AzNKiD

Apr 1, 2002
ugh! yahoo is pissing me off, i sent thema help email and they just reply with a stupid standern msg saying to click on check mail to read your messages. did they even bother to read my problem!

i also just told anandtech to email me the password to this fourm since i register under it, and guess it, NOTHING recieved! pls dont tell me i have to go to every single board to update my email address. why isn't it working......................

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
bump

I bought some stuff from a retailer that had my Geocities e-mail. I was surprised when I got no order and shipping confirmation so I checked it out. Same thing - I sent a test e-mail to myself, and nothing!