What games do you actually play?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Battlefield 3
Batman: AC
Trine 2
Company of Heroes
Portal 2
Anno 2070
Age of Empires Online

and a backlog of 100+ games lol

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I only have three games installed on my SSD right now:

TF2
L4D2
Batman: AC

I play the last two the most, but I have a bunch more games that I bought and have never installed. Need to get around to those at some point.

KT

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I am playing Fallout 2 right now, and when I get my Steam account back I will probably go back to playing New Vegas.

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
I am playing Fallout 2 right now, and when I get my Steam account back I will probably go back to playing New Vegas.
I really hope you get your account back I feel your pain and can only imagine how a loss like that would feel perhaps it would be akin to losing a loved one. Good to see a fellow waste lander all the best.

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
League of Legends, Path of Exile, RaiderZ beta (starting tomorrow :),) and various steam shooters to change the pace.
Looking forward to GW2 and TL2 in the near future!

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Usually play one game at a time

TW1 (Second time )...and really liking it
Mass Effect 2 Just finished
COP SOC

Waiting in the wings are TW2 and Oblivion

Wife of Runz

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
In medieval mode currently:
Just finished DA: O playthrough with a dwarven warrior (my first melee char).
Set my eyes on The Witcher 2: Enhanced edition(Want to see what the difference is).
And a few games of LOL thrown in here and there.
WOW free since Jan 23, 2011 :)

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Right now I'm playing BF3 & D3. Recently picked up the Doom pack so I'll prob give those another go pretty soon. I'll prob. pickup Torchlight 2 since it comes with 1 and give that a shot. Looks to be fun so looking forward to checking it out. I'll also try and get into Fallout 3 & Vegas since I just picked up Vegas. I played about an hour of Fallout 3 and didn't really get into it, but I want to give it another shot.

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
MW3 Multiplayer
Diablo 3
Orcs Must Die
Metro 2033
Civ V
Transformers War for Cybertron

i play like 20 minutes each every day hahahah

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Just beat Persona 3. Moved on to Persona 4.

Also playing Diablo 3, Batman: AC, and Just Cause 2.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
FallOut3- got the urge after Steam had summer sale with all addons for cheap, have been playing non stop since
l4D2- still get an hour in almost everynight
Borderlands- BL2 got my interest going.. playing with a sniper (finished with all but him and brick already)
Skyrim- havent been playing but FO3 sure has me jonesing for a trip back.. next on my list i think..

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Right now, nothing much except some flash games at armor games. I uninstalled Diablo 3 a month or so ago and put gaming on hold. Waiting on Borderlands 2 to come out and am trying to decide if I will get the new Madden. Till then, its casual stuff.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Currently I am playing a game called "Silly Buggers", but mainly I play that at work. At home I am playing a game called "Sodall!" which just isn't business appropriate.

fixbsod

Jan 25, 2012
Currently :
----------
Diablo 3
Half-Life 2
Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Recently:
--------
Mass Effect 1+3
Skyrim (still on pause really, just haven't picked it up in a while)

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Now that I have an i5 2500K overclocked to 4.5GHz and 2 GTX 460 1GB overclocked to 870/1740/4200 I now can play the 21st century version of Quake which is call HD Quake.

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
On my Air not much, but I have installed and play:

Street Fighter:AE
NFS:HP
Civ5
Batman Arkham City
SimCity 4

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'd recently started another new Mount and Blade: Warband game, was playing vanilla.

I've also recently started playing EU3 as Muscovy

I've recently went through a stint of openttd and simultrans.

Also recently I'd been poking around with x3: Albion Prelude

Probably going to try some EU3 mods as I haven't really tried any of them in aa year or so ...

Otherwise I fire up Minecraft for maybe an hour every couple of weeks just to mess around.

Rambusted

Feb 7, 2012
Played D3 for one playthrough and have not had the desire to go back. From there I started Skyrim and have put over 150 hours into it, level 59 at the moment with all the major questlines complete. Want to move on to something else but the game has a pretty firm grip on me. Starting to dabble with assassins creed 2 as well as DKS and Reckoning but havent made a commitment to any of them yet. Play tribes ascend for a multiplayer fix. Favorite game of all time is without a doubt tribes 2, second place for me is NHL 94 on sega genesis, against friends it was a blast. Wish I had more time to play though, I am currently sitting on dozens of pc games that I havent even played, amazon and steam sales are killing me I almost feel obligated to purchase shit when its as cheap as a cheesy cell phone game.

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
Red Orchestra 2 has been my main game as of late, especially since my girlfriend turned me on to some great orchestral music that goes awesome with the game (Shostakovich especially!).

Played the latest build of the Forgotten Hope 2 mod for Battlefield 2 the other day, which was pretty awesome, since they have some servers modded to run over 64 players now. One round I played had 110! I wasn't too turned on by BF3: Close Quarters, so I've been meaning to jump back into some vanilla BF2 and probably some BF2142.

Last edited:

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Playing 16 bit right now. I won't revisit modern games again until the Call of Duty / military shooter disease dies off.

Or just wait for EA and Activision to kill the golden goose and hang themselves, then gaming will be fun again.

Last edited:

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Playing 16 bit right now. I won't revisit modern games again until the Call of Duty / military shooter disease dies off.

Or just wait for EA and Activision to kill the golden goose and hang themselves, then gaming will be fun again.

That is a very close minded post.

A) There are plenty of good modern games out there, especially not from EA or Activision. Waiting for just one game series/type of game to die before you will play modern games again, is in all respect illogical

B) Secondly, that disease is never going to die. FPS is the disease of the gaming community. I swear over 250+ new FPS games are released per year. Perfect for the younger people who dont want to read/dedicate time to strategy, simulation, rpgs type games. That is the new generation of gaming, thus the new target of game creators.

C) EA and Activision won't hang themselves, they are embedded deep enough in some games/styles that they may take a market hit and maye get smalelr as a company, but many other game companies are dying off, and they are not. Don't expect it anytime soon.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
people who dont want to read/dedicate time to strategy, simulation, rpgs type games. That is the new generation of gaming,

Right. In other words get used to the Call of Duty and Punch the Monkey and Angry Birds type games designed by money grabbing publishers and designed for the illiterate ADHD mainstream masses who can't sit still for more than 5 minutes or play a game that doesn't involve blowing something up every 30 seconds. And heaven forbid a game take longer than 1 hour to beat, we might lose all those customers who can't stay focused for more than a few minutes at a time and who's self esteem might be hurt if they can't figure the game out.

Screw mainstream gaming.

At least there is Atlus and Nintendo DS. Old school fan driven company and not a over sized money grubbing empire.

Last edited: