What games do you actually play?

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
If I ever see a thread about people looking for advice on parts or help with games issues the only games I ever see are BF3, ARMA 2, and skyrim. Hopefully those arent the only three games ATF plays :p So tell me what games you are currently enjoying/hoping to get. Also, what si your all time favorite game?

Ill start:
I used to be a big gamer when I was younger but now if I play anything its CS:S. Infrequently ill play CoD MW3 for infection mode and minecraft 1.2.5 for mods like buildcraft and industrialcraft, other than that there arent any other games I play. Used to do GTA IV but got sick of it being so hard to mod so I stopped. My favorite game is Half-Life 2.

supremor

Dec 2, 2010
Right now I'm playing Killing Floor, RO2, modded Morrowind and some Warhammer 40k Dark Crusade.
My all time favorite games are probably Red Alert 2 and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory which remains to this day one of the best objective based MP shooters ever made.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Right now, primarily Fallout 3 and Mount&Blade: Warband Napoleonic, with a little Shogun 2 Total War on the side.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Currently playing :

Railroad Tycoon 2
Just Cause 2
Titan Quest
Spectromancer
Thief 2

fullfray

Aug 4, 2012
Well, mostly I do play Arma2/Dayz. I play Terraria every now and again and am looking forward to Guild Wars 2.

Sometimes I'll start up my PS3 and play SkullGirls or Tekken 6.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
I would recommend that you look at the pinned threads on various games. D3 is very popular right now. And some others.

Personally, I am playing BG again. I was going to wait for the 'Enhanced' edition, but that looks to be a non-event. So....

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I just beat Sniper Elite V2 on hard mode.

I've been playing Ridge Racer: Unbounded occasionally with some friends.

Every now and then I jump into Train Simulator 2012 and do a scenario.

I just bought Inversion and I'm planning on starting it today.

I also bought Nexuiz from the Steam sale and I really enjoy it, but I'm sad the community is so small.

Was playing a ton of DayZ just a week ago, but it's challenging, and it got to the point where it felt more like a chore to play and less like a game. So I'm taking a break from it right now.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Most recently:
Star Trek Online (ship combat is fun, ground is meh),
Star Wars TOR (single-player content),
Saints Row 3 (silly, fun shooter with good lowbrow humor)
Borderlands (Have played through with all except Brick. Hurry up B2 I need some new character classes and areas)

At the top of my to-play queue (among many others in the unplayed pile)
Skyrim
Witcher 2
Fallout New Vegas DLC (have played the main game a couple of times)

Waiting eagerly for
Borderlands 2
Torchlight 2

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Wow, some pretty diverse games here. I also enjoy Modded morrowind and fallout 3, I dont really like new vegas since its FO3 with a lamer setting.

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
Last few played games;

Open Source Railroad Tycoon (its sooo old, but no other game I found is like it)
Portal 2
The last remnant (liked this one, oldie but goodie I found not to long ago)
Fallout3 (as much as I bish about it not being a turn based rpg anymore its still good)
Fallout3 new vegas
Skyrim
The witcher 2
Aion (after it went Free2play)
Diablo III (lmao I forgot this one <.< until after I posted, didnt play it long though, so let down by it)

games Im looking forwards too:
RaiderZ, Mechwarrior Online, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Guildwars 2,....

Last edited:

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
DotA 2: is my primary.
Serious Sam series: about an hour in.
TF2: I play this about once a week.

Guild Wars 2 will be my primary game once released.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Lately...

For single-player I'm trying my best to finish my game-in-progress in The Witcher (GoG.com version), since I have yet to even start up The Witcher 2, not to mention even download the extra content or HD updates they've done for it. So there's that (TW) but also some casuals, mostly Indie games such as Gratuitous Space Battles, Angry Birds, Trine 2 and a few others. I'm currently not really playing any big name "AAA" single-player games. I do own Skyrim but I have sincerely not launched the game at all since before the first major patch was released (and I don't even know what the DLC is about, all I know is that there is one and I can't be bothered to even Google about it to find out more about it).

For multi-player (only) I almost exclusively play TF2 when I do feel I want to play a multi-player game. I sometimes log-in to chat with some people I know in the guilds that some of my characters are in two specific F2P MMORPGs, but I don't play much anymore. As far as multi-player is concerned the only game I'm looking for right now is Guild Wars 2... and even though I want it badly this time around I won't fall for a "first release day purchase" impulse and I'll wait for the major inevitable bugs to be fixed and the obvious balance issues to be worked out before jumping in. There's also the occasional Dawn of War 2 Last Stand matches every now and then, but that's about it.

It's been like this for me since a good two months plus by now, and of course there had been Diablo 3 within that bunch around a month ago but I pretty much stopped playing since then (I haven't launched it at all since a good three weeks, if not a month by now). It's still installed though, but I really don't feel like playing it anymore... sad.

supremor

Dec 2, 2010
Wow, some pretty diverse games here. I also enjoy Modded morrowind and fallout 3, I dont really like new vegas since its FO3 with a lamer setting.

Did you give it a good try? I have to somewhat agree with you on the setting because I find that FO3 captured the whole post apocalyptic theme much better than NV and I enjoyed the Capital Wasteland more so than than the Mojave. But as far as the gameplay is concerned I think NV is the better game of the two.

Also I bought D3 at launch and played it for about 6-8 weeks into A3 inferno before it started feeling like a chore, but then again I was never a huge fan of the mind numbing repetition of ARPG's.

Gordon Freemen

Golden Member
May 24, 2012
I think FO3 has lamer settings than NV because at leased in NV it is far more open but in FO3 they seem to gate you into areas Plus NV you can aim down the sights which the shooting sucked the big one in FO3 Plus NV is a longer better more improved version of FO3 all around.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Tribes Ascend (though will probably stop as the latest patch ruined things for me)
The Binding of Isaac
Skyrim
Saint's Row The Third
Orcs Must Die! 2
Path of Exile (will play more once it leaves closed beta and no more wipes)
Mechwarrior Online will be where most my time goes once it goes into open beta (play a fair amount in closed already heh)

Those are games I can play pretty much anytime. I do play others but when completed, that is it and a few games will get a lot of play time when they are released besides the two in beta above (Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, and probably gonna preorder Dishonored).

I'm avoiding Guild Wars 2 (though I want it a lot), simply because I know that is all I will play if I get it and I want to play a lot of other games for awhile right now .

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Games I actually play regularly would be Battlefield 3, DOTA 2, Orcs Must Die 2. I usually am also playing through an older game. Right now playing through Morrowind again.

Looking forward to Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2.

LtMikePowelll

Jan 12, 2011
Currently playing: BF3, CnC Tiberium Alliances, WoT.

Sometimes: FIFA 12, CnC: Kane's Wrath, CoH, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, CoD 5 zombie mode.

crazzy.heartz

Sep 13, 2010
Games i have played in last 1-2 months:
Rage (Updated)
Anomaly - Warzone Earth
Prey
DeathSpank
Mass Effect 2

Currently Playing:
Crysis
Defense Grid
Sniper Elite V2

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
I finally got a laptop that can game, and am shifting accordingly, but the games I play most now are:

OpenTTD
Minecraft
Terraria
Orcs must Die

quakeworld

Aug 5, 2009
Arranged in order of frequency played:

Quakelive
DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online)
Urban Terror
Quakeworld
Alliance of Valiant Arms
Diablo 2
Champions Online

Yep, all (and mostly free/f2p) old games.

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
Playing now:

Tribes: Ascend
Jagged Alliance 2 +mods
Shift 2: Unleashed

Recently completed:

Clive Barker's Undying
Riven
Thief Gold