What games are you playing on you new SB machine?

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Despite the SB chipset issue, I'm still gonna use this thing for it's intended purpose...GAMING!

What games are you guys playing on your SB Build?

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm still trying to figure out if upgrading from an E8400@3.9 to a heavily OC'ed SB setup would be worth it for gaming. I game with a single 4890 and would like to keep it a little while longer.

I figure the CPU upgrade with no new video card would only help in a few select games (those that like Quad cores).

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
seems it should only be an issue for those that got the motherboards this month.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
seems it should only be an issue for those that got the motherboards this month.

It is only a problem for all retail MBs. (so all 6 series MBs) It affects all SB processors, since they require a 6 series chipset.

Of course I trust Intel (or any company doing a recall) as far as I can throw them when it comes to coming clean about what is affected and how badly it is affected.

I remember how badly they handled the floating point bug with the Pentium, and have fresh memories of how Toyota handled their recent issues as well. Suffice it to say, I read their comments on the issues and take them with a grain of salt.