What first world problem did you have today?

Page 667 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I've been looking. What I want to do is run a NAS unit as an audio server. So far, I keeping running into the "everything looks doable except this one piece that's going to cost me a buttload" problem.

RPI3 is good enough

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Got a walmart branded vegetable frozen fajita bowl today. It was supposed to come with a packet of guacamole, but there was no packet in the box :^( The bowl was surprisingly good though. I'll probably get it again. I also just remembered I needed a prepaid visa for donations, and I forgot that. I guess I have another walmart trip in my near future :^(

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Wasn't today, but I was in BigLots Saturday, and the Christmas stuff was looking sparse and sad. They were already starting on an aisle of spring stuff D^:
Haha, hells yeah. Whoever was in charge of that deserves a pat on the back. Spring ftw

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Haha, hells yeah. Whoever was in charge of that deserves a pat on the back. Spring ftw
Spring sucks, but I'll accept it. Shitty seasons like spring make autumn and winter all the sweeter. I'd go 1v1 with a viking for the chance to eliminate summer though.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I was watching a Twitch streamer play Final Fantasy 7, but he had some bad luck and is playing Kingdom Hearts now. Talk about one extreme to the other.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Spring sucks, but I'll accept it. Shitty seasons like spring make autumn and winter all the sweeter. I'd go 1v1 with a viking for the chance to eliminate summer though.

I hate spring too, it's too messy and wet and can't really do anything outside without stepping in a mixture of ice, water and dog shit. I like summer though, but ours are not as extreme as the states. It typically does not go over like 23C. Last summer was an exception, it was brutal hot. Winter I don't mind but it starts to get old by March-April so by then I can't wait for summer. That's what makes me hate spring so much as it just drags on for so long before summer comes for real. Sometimes it's like June by the time all the snow/water/ice is gone and that I can actually walk outside on solid ground.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Before our snow fall yesterday we get freezing rain. When I cleared the car of snow yesterday one of the windows was completely covered in ice. I still can't get that ice off. It's the rear passenger window, and I need that when I'm backing in to my spot at work because of the angle I need to look at while backing in. So it makes it very hard to back in and I end up having to park differently than usual.

I should try to get the ice off with a heat gun but don't feel like standing out there in the cold.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Before our snow fall yesterday we get freezing rain. When I cleared the car of snow yesterday one of the windows was completely covered in ice. I still can't get that ice off. It's the rear passenger window, and I need that when I'm backing in to my spot at work because of the angle I need to look at while backing in. So it makes it very hard to back in and I end up having to park differently than usual.

I should try to get the ice off with a heat gun but don't feel like standing out there in the cold.

Just smash it with a hammer.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I decided to search for a kml file showing Marco Polo's travels. The first two I looked at were patently incorrect. The third is pretty good.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just smash it with a hammer.

That's practically what I was doing with the snow brush lol. Hoping I can vibrate it off, but glass is kinda solid, the metal parts of the car on the other hand I can get rid of most of the ice. I still have a lot on the roof though. I hate freezing rain.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I have a $10 coupon for biglots, but I don't really need anything from biglots. I could get cat litter or something, but I don't need it. Not sure a 20 mile round trip drive is worth $10. My fuel is free, but it still takes time.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Dropped a deposit early at the bank. 9 items listed but I accidentally put in a 10th. Called to get them to deposit the 10th separately. Nope. Already processed and their "system" captures all of the checks. $6 deposit error fee coming my way.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I'm at work and a lot of the office is still on vacation/PTO. fml

But we were told a bit ago that HR is buying a pizza lunch for everyone, woot! Although I admit I'm more concerned with (hopefully) getting off an hour or two early. Fingers crossed...

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

But we were told a bit ago that HR is buying a pizza lunch for everyone, woot! Although I admit I'm more concerned with (hopefully) getting off an hour or two early. Fingers crossed...
Don't leave me alone with boomer. :(

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Take the whole pizza home.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Dropped a deposit early at the bank. 9 items listed but I accidentally put in a 10th. Called to get them to deposit the 10th separately. Nope. Already processed and their "system" captures all of the checks. $6 deposit error fee coming my way.
Bunch of assholes, screwing people with ridiculous fees.

<looks at poster>
nm

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Don't leave me alone with boomer. :(
Haha sorry man, once we're given the "ok" I'm outta this mother scratcher. Then gonna get groceries so I don't have to do it tomorrow, then hoooome to relax! Just don't drop the soap, and keep your pooper protected; you should be ok. ;)

Take the whole pizza home.
LOL just grab it and run out the door. I'm thinking they'll order it from Jet's Pizza which is f'ing fantastic. Soooo good.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Haha sorry man, once we're given the "ok" I'm outta this mother scratcher. Then gonna get groceries so I don't have to do it tomorrow, then hoooome to relax! Just don't drop the soap, and keep your pooper protected; you should be ok. ;)
Speaking of...where id @olds?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I went to the store yesterday to get a Big Ass Bag-O-Nuts; two actually. It's the only store I found that had them this year, but they were sold out. I had to get two Little Girl bags at an inflated cost :^(