What first world problem did you have today?

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Deciding whether or not to turn off the tv while posting on the internet on my pc monitor, worrying if I leave the tv on it may interfere with composing threads and replies.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Our OB/GYN appointment got pushed from 9am to 10:45am due to an emergency C-section the doctor had to perform. Only got a blow job since she was worried he'd know we had sex this morning.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Can't find the remote to my LED HDTV. Now I can't watch anything until I find the buttons on it. Aghhh! Never had this trouble back in the CRT era.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Vending machine was sold out of everything except diet Sierra Mist and it couldn't give me my dollar back... I suppose it is my own fault for not checking the other 10 options before inserting my money.

Also, still unsatisfied with everything after that ribeye. =(

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I waited in the drive thru at Taco Bell for 12 minutes. TWELVE MINUTES!
I went there on my lunch break today and found the line backed up around the building. It looked like the problem was caused by some idiot not pulling in but it turned out that he had spent a long time waiting already and didn't want to pass the point of no return if he pulled in (curb on right side blocking premature exit). I was supposed to pick up lunch for my coworker so I felt obligated to tough it out.

When I got to the menu I finally saw why things were moving so slow: there was a sign saying that the intercom was not working. No doubt, it is related to last night's storm. There was a tech working on it. In the mean time, it obviously means that your food prep doesn't even start until you are already waiting at the window and the next person can't even place an order, so wait times were very long.

By the time it was my turn, they must have already fixed the intercom and taken other orders because they requested a dollar amount instead of asking me for my order. The place was only seconds away from where I worked and yet the whole fiasco took 40 minutes. 12 minutes would have been greatly preferred. :)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's freaking raining again, and winter is only a few weeks away. Means I'll have to wait till next year to finish the paint job on my house but the wood I worked hard to strip the paint off of before it started raining has now been exposed to the rain for several weeks and will probably rot so I'll end up having to replace all of it. That means more work and means I did the work of stripping the paint for nothing.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I just blew $6 (prepaid phone) on an effing customer service call to check the status of a cancelled order. FML.

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
I tried to deposit a check using my bank's mobile app, but the maximum deposit limit was $5,000, and the check was $20,000 . . . :mad:

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Bought a whole chicken to bake tomorrow night... it had the neck and the liver, but no heart or gizzard.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Entire office went out for lunch to send off the summer students... One person found out I wasn't going and gave me shit.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
I had to take an emergency #2, and went into a Starbucks. I felt bad for just using their bathroom,.. so, I bought a coffee,.. but, I ALREADY had coffee!!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Work catered in Texas Roadhouse. They didn't have regular butter for the rolls so I had to settle for that horrible cinnamon butter stuff they make.

Last edited:

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
My PS4 came in today, but not the hdmi > dvi adapter so all I can do is look at the box.
get out of this thread pleb :p What first world-er wouldn't have multiple HDMI devices like TVs in every bedroom as well as a man cave set

I just blew $6 (prepaid phone) on an effing customer service call to check the status of a cancelled order. FML.
same as above what first world-er would have a prepaid phone unless you were a baller ganster but a baller would wipe his ass with 6 dollars

I tried to deposit a check using my bank's mobile app, but the maximum deposit limit was $5,000, and the check was $20,000 . . . :mad:

This man deserves to be in this thread....

lol pre paid phone

Just scheduled a Disney trip for the family and have to miss the Colts home opener ><

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I had to take an emergency #2, and went into a Starbucks. I felt bad for just using their bathroom,.. so, I bought a coffee,.. but, I ALREADY had coffee!!

I did that once... at a Subway. And I was only a block from my office. Trouble was, I still had to top off the tank, clean out the car, and make it up to the office.

Think I got a sandwich or cookies at Subway as compensation.

I actually tried the Burger King first, but holy shit, worse bathroom in the country: blood in the sink, pee on the floor, unflushed toilets, toilet paper everywhere. Was afraid I got an STD just being in there to decide, "no way".