What first world problem did you have today?

Page 870 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Supposed to hit 100F by Friday. Yesterday’s humidity was 1-4% so it really is a dry heat. :p

Arizona? Nevada?

Not here. Around here during the summer it is like a steaming sauna, even during the night time. I do not know how folks were able to live down here way back before electricity and AC.

Reactions: Captante

maluckey1

Mar 15, 2018
I can't seem to synch the RGB colors on my RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra video card to the RGB in my liquid cooling setup. The out-of-synch colors annoy me as I walk past it :(

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Yesterday I worked 30 minutes later than I had to. I ended up getting home and saw that the computer boards I ordered for my 4Runner were delivered, so I cleaned them up and installed them....reassembled my dashboard after testing, pumped up the tires, and took the 4Runner to get washed. That took me about an hour.

After that, I loaded my truck up with a come along, a ladder, and a tow strap and went to the boat house to fix the tilt/trim that didn't budge. I was able to get it working using leverage...then changed the oil in the boat.

Problem #1...I got oil all over my shirt and jeans....a few drops on my new shoes. It shot out faster than I was ready for and at a very high angle that sprayed my shirt and got everywhere. I had to take my shirt off because of how bad it was.

I finished the oil change...then fixed an issue with the transmission alignment on the boat using some ratchet straps. I confirmed everything was good and started the engine up....BOOM! Done.

I was ready to come home when I noticed the next issue....

Problem #2. I drove my truck up to lock up one of my cabins and I heard a sound that was like a water hose valve sound. I checked the outdoor faucet and there was no water coming out. I've got a meter base box and some valves underground that split the water from the main to the buildings on my property....umm...the box was filled up to the top with water. I grabbed a wrench from my truck and turned the water off at the meter. I think it's got a split PVC connector in there....but it's something else to fix. The issue's likely going to cost me $15 to fix, but I was getting caught up on projects and plumbing things are no fun. I called the water dept and it appears the leak's only been going for a day or so because they said the bill is $30 where it's usually $20 there.

Looks like I may have some stuff to do tonight/tomorrow.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
My current phone is running out of memory. I moved all the app/data/file/etc. that I could to the microSD card but it is still almost full so I could not update anything. The phone is still ok but look like I will have to (not need to) get another one soon and pay the covid19 cost surcharge. <sad panda>

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm in the same situation with my phone, kind of riding on the edge and while data itself goes on the SD card, apps themselves as well as app data still ends up on internal storage.

I'm kinda due for a phone anyway as they stopped doing security updates for this one but I've just been holding off as it's just not something I want to spend money on right now.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
im in a 4star hotel.
its 7AM.
the single cup kcups coffee maker in the room doesnt have water coming out. :(

it looks like i have to buy a cup of coffee.

edit:
added water. no water come out

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
im in a 4star hotel.
its 7AM.

it looks like i have to buy a cup of coffee

Don't you have to add water to those? Or does it actually have a waterline?

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
im in a 4star hotel.
its 7AM.

it looks like i have to buy a cup of coffee

No free continental breakfast? What kind of hillbilly hotel is this?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
My latest pet peeve is restaurants that are still using early 2020 era Covid lockdown protocols.

Some places in my area are still doing takeout only and requiring you to order by phone, which is kinda annoying.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'm in the same situation with my phone, kind of riding on the edge and while data itself goes on the SD card, apps themselves as well as app data still ends up on internal storage.

I'm kinda due for a phone anyway as they stopped doing security updates for this one but I've just been holding off as it's just not something I want to spend money on right now.

Smartphones are super cheap now, though. You can get an entry level model for around $50, and even those have 5+ inch screens and front and rear facing cameras now. I got something like this for my daughter, which she uses to play Roblox and Among Us. :) Sure, that only 32 GB of onboard storage at that price, but many of them also have MicroSD card slots.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
So I went to CFA around 11 a.m. this morning because I received a gift card. The place was packed with vehicles (the dining room was closed until further notice). I ordered the new spicy chicken sandwich combo with a drink and it was ok. Not great but not bad either. The one thing I realized it was not the same was the friendliness from the employees. I said "thank you" to three of them at different times at three different locations (the first to guide vehicle to which lane, the second took my order, the third gave me the order) and none of them said anything back. It used to be "my pleasure" whenever a customer said thank you, at least that how I remembered it the last time I was there.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Smartphones are super cheap now, though. You can get an entry level model for around $50, and even those have 5+ inch screens and front and rear facing cameras now. I got something like this for my daughter, which she uses to play Roblox and Among Us. :) Sure, that only 32 GB of onboard storage at that price, but many of them also have MicroSD card slots.

Where in the world are you getting a phone for $50? The one you linked to is probably with a plan I doubt you can actually buy it at that price. So you still pay for it over a longer period. That's probably American too, doubt I can get that here for that price. I'm trying to find something in the $400 range and there is not all that much. At least nothing that is better than my current one.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Where in the world are you getting a phone for $50? The one you linked to is probably with a plan I doubt you can actually buy it at that price. So you still pay for it over a longer period. That's probably American too, doubt I can get that here for that price. I'm trying to find something in the $400 range and there is not all that much. At least nothing that is better than my current one.
black friday 2020:
got a refurbed unlocked Motorola One Action (4gigs ram, 128gigs internal storage) for $80 shipped.

not a scratch on her

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001

They sell a lot of cheap Smartphones at your local Walmart or Target (in the US, anyway) around the $50 price range that are initially locked to a pre-paid carrier. That said, there is nothing stopping you for just signing up for a month of service and canceling or just not signing up for service at all. My daughter only uses her $50 Samsung Galaxy phone for Skype and Android games.

Hell, I found the same phone completely unlocked for $108 on Amazon, although it appears to be a refurb:

There are even better prices than that on eBay if you're willing to risk it. It's not a great phone, but then it's not horrible, either.

Last edited:

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
The phone in UB's link looks to only be the cost of the phone. Scroll down & it says "add a plan".
TracFone has the same phone for $54, plan not included.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Dumbass didn't know what to do when the traffic light is flashing red. Fortunately I was just a pedestrian watching this unfold. Eventually someone got out of their car and told them to get going.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Squirrel

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
12v battery died in the 10 month old 2020 rav4 hybrid. It's in the back. Since the hatch won't open, have to crawl in, open a cover, loosen a screw to be able to get to the mechanical latch. Google says this has been reported as a problem and probably a software glitch but no recall. Great...

Wonder how you get in if it's truly dead and the auto locks don't work?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
12v battery died in the 10 month old 2020 rav4 hybrid. It's in the back. Since the hatch won't open, have to crawl in, open a cover, loosen a screw to be able to get to the mechanical latch. Google says this has been reported as a problem and probably a software glitch but no recall. Great...

Wonder how you get in if it's truly dead and the auto locks don't work?

Huh? It doesn't have a keyhole for you to unlock using the emergency mechanical key?

Edit:
It does. You are just dumb.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Huh? It doesn't have a keyhole for you to unlock using the emergency mechanical key?

Edit:
It does. You are just dumb.

Yeah, I found that after I posted but thanks for your love and consideration.

😀

Also, a couple of posts saying they just unconnected/reconnected the battery and it worked.