What first world problem did you have today?

Page 630 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
I'd pre-ordered The Crew 2 from Steam (It links thru UPlay as well,annoyingly...),and the UPlay activation servers for this game are down...so I can't get started playing yet.

(Might be a blessing in disguise,as I still have to go to work this morning....)

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
My computer's getting more erratic on startup. It takes a few attempts to get it going. I have enough parts to rebuild it, but I'm not sure I feel like going through the effort. I might stop in the pawn shop today, and see if they have anything interesting laying around. I might be able to get something more current for <$100, and just swap my drives over.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Didn't feel like going to the pawn shop. Too hot.

Mixed bag today. I went to goodwill, and it was half off day. Whatever. I only stop in for the off chance they have something I want. They usually don't. Well, I found some nice American made thinsulate combat boots, for $14/2. Great! Go to check out, and the line's wrapping halfway around the store. Debate getting the boots, but I can't leave them on the table, so I wait, and wait, and wait... I eventually made it out without too much of my life expended, but holy fuck that took a long time. Upside is I got some nice boots for winter.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
This picture of Ötzi looks familiar, and I can't put my finger on it. Dunno if it's someone I knew, someone famous, or... :^S

landscape-1471901199-otzi.jpg

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
It's a problematic day...

Catbirds are tearing up my blueberries. Not a huge deal, but I'd like to have some more than a week...

Also, I think Mom has more kittens in her, and I'm not sure, but Minime's looking a little thicker around the middle. Shit's gonna start getting out of control. The obvious answer is getting Fathead fixed. That's relatively cheap and relatively easy, but he's wary, and hard to get hands on. I also suspect he'd put his sharp parts to greater use than the girls :^/

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I finally have my hands a brand new NES classic ($60 plus sale tax and not $100 and up from Amazon and eBay) and the games do not look good on the HDTV.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That's ridiculous that they would deny putting a window unit up. What you could do is get a portable or convert a window unit to work like a portable then have the two pipes going out a window (intake and exhaust for condenser cooling). Replace the screen with a piece of plywood that has the two vent holes. Paint it black, and hopefully it blends in well enough that nobody notices or cares or asks you to take it down. That's basically what I did for my portable at home before I got central AC as all my windows are crank windows, so I just cut a piece of plywood to fit where the screen goes.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Work has been slow lately.
Been averaging 2hrs/day but paid 10hrs.

Worked this sat.
Actually did 4hrs work.
Even though I got paid over time for 10hrs, I think the company came out ahead :eek:

(Got paid time and half but did double the avg work.)
Trump math...

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Bought 128gig ssd to save a few seconds on bootup.
6 weeks later, ssd prices plummeted.

Now a 256 gig ssd us cheaper than what I paid for the 128gig.
:(

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Just a friendly reminder ... today is Blame Canada Day. :hushed: :sunglasses:

So ... whatever ills befall you today - blame Canada! :confounded:

Thanks care

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Bought a pair of speakers for my TV. I just assumed my TV would have analog audio output. Got the speakers today only to realize that the TV has SPDIF but NOT analog audio output. Now I have to buy a fecking SPDIF to RCA adapter and wait 5 days for that to ship before I can actually try the speakers out.

Cuular

Aug 2, 2001
Bought a pair of speakers for my TV. I just assumed my TV would have analog audio output. Got the speakers today only to realize that the TV has SPDIF but NOT analog audio output. Now I have to buy a fecking SPDIF to RCA adapter and wait 5 days for that to ship before I can actually try the speakers out.

You must be living in 3rd world territory, if you aren't getting those adapters in 4 hours, from prime delivery.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I was an accomplice to a crime today. I went to the convenience store for a pop. As I approached the front door I noticed a customer coming out so I opened the door for the person. The guy was carrying four cases of beer. He thanked me and went on his way. The store was quite busy and there was a line to checkout. When I reached the cashier, one of the other workers asked the cashier if she had witnessed the beer skip. Oops. :D

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
It hit me around 30. Used to drink 88oz+ soda per day, and eat three meals plus til I was stuffed. Hardly gained a pound. Now, I've pared everything waaaay back, and it's all I can do to not gain weight. There's still more room for removal, but I'd prefer not to at this point.
Sig will save your life. I lost all that weight without ever feeling hungry.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Sig will save your life. I lost all that weight without ever feeling hungry.
My weight's not /too/ bad. I'm ~225#/6'5". I need to lose the fat around my middle. That's the worst kind to have, and it irritates me seeing it there. Diet could use some improvement. Biggest thing is to not eat crap. I'm pretty good about not eating snack food, but when I'm in, I'm all in. Every container is a single serving size. I'll see some chips or something that look interesting, buy it, then eat the whole fucking bag :rollseyes: It might be once a week or less, but it's a bunch of useless calories I don't need.

I just need to refine things, and not be lazy. Last night dinner was organic hotdogs and raw curried sauerkraut. It was gonna be a vegetable curry and some rice, but moths got into my rice, and I got pissed and didn't feel like dealing with it. Fun fact, moth larvae looks *exactly* like rice grains, and it's tedious getting them out. That might be my July4 project. Or maybe it'll be bird food... I shouldn't have bought such a big bag. I don't eat much rice. Anyway point is my diet /tends/ to be good, but it's all one way or the other. Where it goes wrong, it goes really wrong, and I need to trim those times down.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
My weight's not /too/ bad. I'm ~225#/6'5". I need to lose the fat around my middle. That's the worst kind to have, and it irritates me seeing it there. Diet could use some improvement. Biggest thing is to not eat crap. I'm pretty good about not eating snack food, but when I'm in, I'm all in. Every container is a single serving size. I'll see some chips or something that look interesting, buy it, then eat the whole fucking bag :rollseyes: It might be once a week or less, but it's a bunch of useless calories I don't need.

I just need to refine things, and not be lazy. Last night dinner was organic hotdogs and raw curried sauerkraut. It was gonna be a vegetable curry and some rice, but moths got into my rice, and I got pissed and didn't feel like dealing with it. Fun fact, moth larvae looks *exactly* like rice grains, and it's tedious getting them out. That might be my July4 project. Or maybe it'll be bird food... I shouldn't have bought such a big bag. I don't eat much rice. Anyway point is my diet /tends/ to be good, but it's all one way or the other. Where it goes wrong, it goes really wrong, and I need to trim those times down.

haha.lxsllr those moths are going to give me nightmares:p shivers