What first world problem did you have today?

Page 240 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I tried to mow the lawn but it started raining. Every freaking time. I was able to do a couple strips of the part that was really thick though. I should have just sucked it up and did it with no shirt and tons of sun screen when it was 30+ and just take a cold shower after.
That's pretty scary , Canuck. And a red head to boot....

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
This afternoon, I was offered a most excellent field assignment (massive overtime potential) over in the land of California, starting tomorrow morning. Great, I'll look at flights. <looks at map, realizes that driving would be mo' better for all involved>. Calls back to suggest that I drive instead of fly. "Oh, we found someone local, nevermind." :'(

They called back and offered me an even mo better field assignment. Flight leaves at 6am tomorrow morning. Found out at 8pm this evening. I'm off to bed.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Decided to look up dental cleanings on YouTube... Other sick shit showed up and I just had to click.

P.S. Gusanos = fly in Spanish. En la boca... I got that part.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
After UPS screwed up 3 times last week my guitar amp that was supposed to be delivered yesterday says its out for delivery in TN. today. I guess that would be good news if I actually lived in TN :rolleyes:

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
it was my personal device that I use to VPN/RDP into work...

thats not so bad :)

My wife was logging into her work VPN on her home laptop and I got her a second at home just work laptop and a dedicated ipad as well after someone in her company got fired for something stupid their kid supposedly did at home.

I am way too paranoid.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
With my newly purchased coffee grinder I've been enjoying awesome espresso every morning. The problem is now I want a press to make coffee (due to counter space constraints) - it's just me in my apartment anyway and I have no reason for an entire pot. I'm just not sure which one to get. This also means buying different (more) coffee beans as well. :(

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
This happens every day, but where the NJ Transit Express Bus Lane goes through the tolls (not at the tunnel, but the one before it coming off the turnpike) youtube streaming dies and i have to wait a solid 10 minutes until all the merging is done and we're fully into the bus line before i can continue watching whatever stupid video i am watching to get me through my commute.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
This happens every day, but where the NJ Transit Express Bus Lane goes through the tolls (not at the tunnel, but the one before it coming off the turnpike) youtube streaming dies and i have to wait a solid 10 minutes until all the merging is done and we're fully into the bus line before i can continue watching whatever stupid video i am watching to get me through my commute.

Too bad it doesn't do offline caching anymore like the old Android app could do.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
After UPS screwed up 3 times last week my guitar amp that was supposed to be delivered yesterday says its out for delivery in TN. today. I guess that would be good news if I actually lived in TN :rolleyes:
6 phone calls later and my package has probably been delivered to an amazon warehouse in TN. It most likely has two labels (mine and Amazons) on the box yet UPS or Amazon can't do anything about it but hope it shows up at my place. Let that sink in a little bit o_O

And to add a comical element I am a new Amazon Prime customer :\

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Computer reset itself shortly after I turned it on today... Concerned this is the start of "real" problems and I'll finally have to replace my 5.5 year old machine:(. I can afford it, I don't want to?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
The job I went to today has an inspector I hate. He follows me around like a vulture, and does fuck all for his job. He's worse than useless. I get tired of hearing my control unit beep when he steps in my line of site. He just watches me set stakes, and doesn't appear to have any comprehesion of what I'm doing. He doesn't check anything, he just watches... and I hate people watching me work. He would be more useful sitting in the shade, and fucking around with his phone or something. At least then he might be happier, which would be a 100% increase from the current situation :^S

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
The job I went to today has an inspector I hate. He follows me around like a vulture, and does fuck all for his job. He's worse than useless. I get tired of hearing my control unit beep when he steps in my line of site. He just watches me set stakes, and doesn't appear to have any comprehesion of what I'm doing. He doesn't check anything, he just watches... and I hate people watching me work. He would be more useful sitting in the shade, and fucking around with his phone or something. At least then he might be happier, which would be a 100% increase from the current situation :^S

He just wants to be your friend...

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
The free pizza I got at the drive in for having the right ticket number was kind of burned. :(

May 11, 2008
I am sorting through all my old clothes this week, to see what i can throw away, give to a second hand store or give away to family and friends. Lot of work. Cleaning out a closet.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Orange juice gave me a canker sore.

That's no canker sore, you degenerate piece of filth. :colbert:

1048775_original.jpg

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Went to Little Caesar, and got a pizza. Total came to $5.30. I gave the girl two $5s, and got 70¢ back. Told her I gave her $10, and should get another $4. Blank look for a second, and she didn't seem to realize the issue. A wild clue enters, and she calls the manager over to open the drawer. I explain I gave her two $5s, one old, one new(I happened to notice, and it would reinforce my claim if she cared to check), but she says "so you get $5 back?" while pulling out a $5. Me: "No, $4.70, but you already gave me 70¢. Blank look... Me: "I need $4 back". She pulls the singles out, and says "I'm not good at math". Holy shit! If that isn't the understatement of the century, I don't know what is. At that point, if she told me she wasn't good at wiping her ass, I wouldn't have been a bit surprised. If I were less honest, I probably could have gotten a free pizza, and the deed to the store :^D She needs to find a less demanding job. Human paperweight? Can you get paid for that? :^D