what exactly happens when you get an MIP

biohazard2

Banned
May 1, 2000
Minor In Posession? My girlfriend was out lastnight with her sister (the other twin I'd love to have at the same time), and she got an MIP. What is the best way to handle this? I wasn't arround, so I don't know the full details yet... she called me this afternoon, wanting to know what to do. I haven't got a clue.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
well, she will probably need to pay a fine or do some community work also she will have to go to some sort of alcohol abuse class or something like that, not sure...but tell her to be carefull one or two more and she can get her license suspended.

ohh yeah, im from the city with the most MIPs in the nation

good ol college station

dam()

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
It'll most likely go away once she turns 18, so I wouldn't worry too much about it...

Viper GTS

Dogmeat

Nov 8, 1999
I don't know about nowdays, but when I got mine in Oregon back in the 70's, I got 3 months probation and a $27 fine.

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
In Cali, in some counties, they let you go to a class to get it off your record. In some other counties, you can't take the class, and you get your license taken away for a year.

late.

TDP

biohazard2

Banned
May 1, 2000
Well for one thing, she is 20 (yes, older than me by about 4 months), so it won't matter if this thing goes away at 18... stupid michigan laws. She's great looking, and NO WAY would I send her to anyone else.

Personally I'm hoping a class and nothing more... otherwise plans for an appartment will once again be put on hold.

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999

<< If she is cute, they send her over to my house. >>

Holy crud, what a bunch of heartless scum politicians they have in Michigan! :)

biohazard2

Banned
May 1, 2000
Well it looks like she's looking at 125 hours of community service that has to be done before the end of september, pay $500 dollars on top of court costs, and go to AA meetings till she's 21. Stupid probation officer... thinks that's the absolute least she'll get away with, had her in tears. What would I get for kicking his ass?

MisterM

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
MIP= A minor with alcohol in his possesion? And she got 125 hours, $500 and she has got to go to AA meetings? And that´s the least? what do they wanna do to her, put her on an electric chair? :Q

*note to self: don`t go to the US until your 21*

For the first time in my live I am really happy that I live in Austria.

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
that is pretty harsh. Even in the counties where you can't take the class here, the fine isn't over 150, and the worst thing is no license for a year.

late.

TDP

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
125 F**king hours? Man, the states is a total joke with alcohol. Age is 19 in Canada, and you can be damn certain that I've never even heard of anyone getting in trouble for being a MIP more than having their ID stolen (and one guy fined $300 for using a fake id). Thats ridiculously anal.

Brooks

KarsinTheHutt

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2000
WoW! Thats a lot of time 125 hrs!! If everyone in my town got that, we woudn't need municipal workers anymore...

biohazard2

Banned
May 1, 2000
we live 5 min from windsor, so that is the usual place to go drinking and bar hopping :) but she got careless and got caught... damn this is not only going to cost her, but I have a feeling it's going to end up costing me. I think the reason for the harsh recomendation to the judge has to do with her twin sister, who got kicked out school after the little riots last year after MSU lost in the final four... they seem to think that she has the same problems.

biohazard2

Banned
May 1, 2000
she was at her sisters boyfriends party. I had to work on a system late, and couldn't go. 15 other people got busted, so she's not alone. Ironic thing is her sister's boyfriend is going to the police academy (not any more my friend) in the same city where they got busted.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Geeeez, that's a more severe penalty than the average murderer gets in this country :| (OJ, you listening?). How idiotic.... well, when you decide to leave that idiotic state, Ohio is just south of ya ;)

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
I wonder if it makes a difference to him at all, my guess is no. But I don't know the guy.

biohazard2

Banned
May 1, 2000
He didn't look to happy, but that could have been because I was laughing in his face. The guy was a major jerk the whole time... I went with her to meet him the second time, and he had her crying, not something that sat well with me. This was justice in my eyes, he tried to get her the FULL penalty that he threatened as the &quot;least&quot; she would get. He seemed to enjoy doing that to her.