What else to put in a short e-mail with resume attached

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Hire me please! I need the money to help pay for my 6 kids and 4 ex wives.

Signed,

SarcasticDwarf

fredhe12

Apr 6, 2006
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
The body of your email should be a short cover letter, though they might not even read it.

I always include the cover letter BOTH as the body and as an attachment (usually part of the resume file). That way, if the recipient needs to pass your resume along, the cover letter goes with it. You never know when the file will become separated from the email.

Good luck.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Thanks, sent it off.

I am sooooooo overqualified for the position, and the pay sucks, but it is a job.

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
I'm no expert but since they didn't ask for a cover letter, I would go with something short and to the point to summarize what's on your resume.

Dear _____,

Attached, please find a copy of my resume as my application for the position of________ as advertised through ________.

I am currently a ________ majoring in ________ and I am confident that I am well qualified for this position. I have experience in/with ______, ______, and _______ through my coursework and my employment at ________ as _________. Aside from my technical expertise, I am _______, ________, and ________.

I look forward to being able to meet with you and further discuss my qualifications.

Thank you for taking the time to review my application.

Sincerely,

________