What electric razor? Have thick wiry facial hair

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Being Mediterranean I have thick wiry facial hair that is a bitch to shave. I've been shaving with blades all my life, currently on the Harry's Shave Club wagon but looking to get an electric razor. Budget is $100 or less. Any suggestions?

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
None...

I've tried for years, they all pull eventually and hurt or look like I haven't shaved in 3 days.

Have been buying the Dorco stuff on sale

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
No to suggestions. Gave up on the electric razor for reasons listed in another thread. Once you get over $200, you are paying for fancy, schmancy cleaning systems, to make up for the electric razor's lack of engineering an easy way to clean the razor. Plus you'll be buying their cleaning fluid. Analogy is the proprietary inkjet cartridges to a printer. Bottomline is you'll never get as close a shave as a blade, despite what the commercial says. Though many fewer cuts and less bleeding on the positive side.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, I'll never give up blade shaving. It's a lot simpler than electric shaving, which isn't as close and is more irritating, that's been my experience. And as I've discovered over the last week, electric shavers are a PITA to maintain. Clean them in various ways at various intervals, replace and/or sharpen the heads. Bah!

You can shave electric between shower/baths, yeah, but shaving with blade after a hot shower is the best means. I always clean my multi-blade toss-'em razors well after each use, then dry well (squeezing in a towel) and remove to a dry room immediately to facilitate drying ASAP. This extends their life immensely. I get around 6 months from a single razor using this regimen, shaving every ~2.2 days, on average.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I use this:
image381.png

and this single foil shaver ($5):
$_12.JPG

I like the single foil one better.
I guess water from the shower makes the shave better?

Last edited: