What does the bumper sticker "My other car is a gun" mean?

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You know, like my other car is a ferrari. It's just a play on the other bumper sticker.

My parents once owned two 1984 Toyota Tercel station wagons. They really wanted to get a custom bumper sticker made for each of them that said, "My other car is a 1984 Toyota Tercel station wagon."

Never happened. :(

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
I think gunowners use the idea that "cars kill people too, cars can be used as weapons too"

That'd be my guess, you'd have to verify that with Mr. Heston. If he can remember.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
My favorite bumper sticker has to be "These are not the droids you're looking for"

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I think it's just a play on the typical bumper sticker you play, but unfortunately it is poorly executed, not witty, does not make any sense, and is quite lame.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
I'm pretty certain that it is built off of the concept that both a gun and a car can kill people. Based off of that, you could say that the driver of said car is either an angry / aggressive driver or a bad driver. Since their other car is a gun, you may not want to trust them to stop at a stop light or anything...

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
It doesn't make any sense to me.

Speaking of gun bumperstickers, I like the "Original Boys in the Hood" ones, with the KKK guys in their sheets. You can get it in a t-shirt, too.

shenaniganz

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
Originally posted by: skace
I'm pretty certain that it is built off of the concept that both a gun and a car can kill people. Based off of that, you could say that the driver of said car is either an angry / aggressive driver or a bad driver. Since their other car is a gun, you may not want to trust them to stop at a stop light or anything...

In that case my other car is a cigarette. :D

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: DougK62
It means "I'm a redneck"

Indeed, and is probably found most often on rusted out pickup trucks with gun racks and rebel flags.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
It means "don't fvck with me", it's pretty stupid, and hardly what I would call "pro NRA".
Speaking of gun bumperstickers, I like the "Original Boys in the Hood" ones, with the KKK guys in their sheets. You can get it in a t-shirt, too.
Ummmm, that's not really a gun thing.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I think it's a mixed metaphor, sorta like "Does the Pope sh!t in the woods?" or "You can have your cake and lie in it too"

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
Originally posted by: sward666
It means "don't fvck with me", it's pretty stupid, and hardly what I would call "pro NRA".
Ummmm, that's not really a gun thing.

Well, I think they have rifles or something. I originally found them at a gun show, too, so I figure it's all gravy.