What does everyone think of Jim Cramer?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

saymyname

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2006
Originally posted by: 3cho
Originally posted by: saymyname
I've read his last book and read some of his stuff online plus listen to some of his radio show.

Unless you've read his book I don't think you can really judge the guy. His book is excellent. That guy is not a dud. He's been very good in the market. You probably should do more reading for more opinions but it's very interesting to note the difference between his philosophy and Warren Buffett's.

well, those two have a lot of working capital that your average person just don't have. warren buffett is able to make his bets because he's got a lot of money to start with.

Jim Cramer's recommendation is to diversify with 5 stocks and then if you have time to devote add 5 more. You can start investing with a few thousand dollars if you want to.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
boo-yah, jim.

I like his radio show where you try to stump him with a publicly traded company (he has to identify it). If you stump him, you get his book. But the best part is the next day where he tells you what he found out about the companies mentioned in the stump jim previous show. His group gives a pretty good indepth study of the company and whether or not it is worth the stock price.

Also, he preaches to diversify your stock portfolio which is about the smartest thing you can do to begin with.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: MaxDepth
boo-yah, jim.

I like his radio show where you try to stump him with a publicly traded company (he has to identify it). If you stump him, you get his book. But the best part is the next day where he tells you what he found out about the companies mentioned in the stump jim previous show. His group gives a pretty good indepth study of the company and whether or not it is worth the stock price.

Also, he preaches to diversify your stock portfolio which is about the smartest thing you can do to begin with.

When is his radio show on? Is it on Sirius?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The guy generally knows his stuff, and I find his show more entertaining and informative than some of the other market shows out there.

To those who think he's just a clown, go take a peek at the return of all the stocks that he's recommended as 'buy' and see how they've done as compared to the s&p 500 or some other index. Very very good.....