What do you think of this?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDsPqefD5h0

I see only two outcomes from this election.
#1. If Trump is elected, a large segment of our society will think it their right to harm people, burn minority churches, burn mosques, beat up gays, shoot cops, riot, destroy property, cause chaos nationwide.
#2. If Hillary is elected, Trump losers to double down on all of the above.

What is in store looks like a combination of the American dream that Charles Manson envisioned, and the 2016 version of the 1861 American civil war.
I guess the only question now is, if Donald Trump is elected what other country would be best to flee to?
Because what is in store regardless of the election outcome appears pretty grim indeed.
And I don't know about you all, but I can do without all this division and violence.
I had this stupid belief that America grew stronger, better as a nation as time went by.
Not that we would one day return to the era of civil war, bigotry, mob lynchings, church burnings, and revival of the KKK.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDsPqefD5h0

I see only two outcomes from this election.
#1. If Trump is elected, a large segment of our society will think it their right to harm people, burn minority churches, burn mosques, beat up gays, shoot cops, riot, destroy property, cause chaos nationwide.
#2. If Hillary is elected, Trump losers to double down on all of the above.

What is in store looks like a combination of the American dream that Charles Manson envisioned, and the 2016 version of the 1861 American civil war.
I guess the only question now is, if Donald Trump is elected what other country would be best to flee to?
Because what is in store regardless of the election outcome appears pretty grim indeed.
And I don't know about you all, but I can do without all this division and violence.
I had this stupid belief that America grew stronger, better as a nation as time went by.
Not that we would one day return to the era of civil war, bigotry, mob lynchings, church burnings, and revival of the KKK.
If Trump wins I would be more worried about riots and looting because the left is definitely fueling emotions of him as some racist villain.

If Trump loses, I expect a few isolated incidents of white supremicists lashing out or paranoid militia 2nd amendment types arming up and fortifying. I also expect his candidacy will fuel a political movement around far right ideology and perhaps a splintering of the GOP.

In the end it will settle down. It always does.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What do I think of this? I think you believe any bullshit you are fed on the internet and you've probably smoked too many drugs...that's what I think. The media has mind screwed you into oblivion, because this crap is normally sound bytes, which are taken and PURPOSELY re-produced to be out of context.

My only hope for you is that you grow a thinking brain and stop being lead around by the nose by your liberal propaganda sites. This goes for people of both parties, including the right wingers.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
What do I think of that? I think you're the kind of mindless drone that the Democrats know will vote for them every chance you get. I think you are easily brainwashed by progressives and their complicit friends in the media. I also think you have a lot to offer another nation and that renouncing your citizenship and moving to whatever country will take you will be a real plus for them.

Try to find one with good mental health care benefits.

Feb 4, 2009
I'm thinking drawing conclusions from a heavily edited video is a bad idea, see Planned Parenthood
I'm also thinking you're way over reacting OP. I've seen younger guys get panicked over Regan (he'll start ww3!), Bush Sr (he wants to be an oligarch!), W. Bush(he's an idiot!)
Each and every time the country has been fine, yes economic slowdowns and market crashes happen(d) but that's not the point. We've always survived and moved forward.
OP how aged are you?

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
Don't they have hillary supporters on video talking about inciting the fights at trump rallies?

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
There is also a saying; seek and you will find. As long as people look for racism and bigotry, they will find it as easily as deciding if you're gonna have a good day or a bad day. Seems lately, as an example, people invoke "Hitler" every time someone running for president is on the opposite side of their belief system. Just because people think and say things, do not make them true. We, as a society, need to grow the fuck up and start looking for what we want in people and stop trying to find fault in everything. There is no perfect, there is only us and here. The government isn't going to solve any of that for us, I promise.

Reactions: disappoint

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
To add to the direction the thread has taken, it's amazing to me that people who think like the OP don't consider the fact that huge swaths of the nation are conservative. They're referred to as red states and they have for decades been solidly so. Why haven't they harmed people, burned minority churches, burned mosques, beat up gays, shot cops, rioted, destroyed property and caused chaos so far? Is it because they have been laying low and plotting for the right time to make their move? Of course not. It's sad that we have people that actually think these things might happen. And I could present facts backing up that leftists, (not liberals) have done a number of the items I paraphrased from the OP and outlined above. Why haven't I? Because it's not representative of the desires or actions of a group or political ideological class as a whole.

I am a conservative. A fiscal conservative because I believe that in order for society to move ahead, we must have the means to do so. I also consider myself a libertarian because I really don't care what you're doing as long as it does not cause other people harm or more importantly, cost me money. How does this translate?

If you want to have an abortion, go for it but I don't want to pay for it. And I especially don't want you using it as a form of birth control and have you expecting me to pay for it. Birth control is readily available. Use it. If it fails you, expect to cover the costs of that failure.

I don't care who you're sleeping with. Man or woman or multiples in whichever combination works for you makes no difference to me. But it shouldn't give you special rights that exceed those the rest of us have. And along financial lines, if you catch a disease from doing so, I expect you to shoulder the costs. I shouldn't have to support your lifestyle. You want it, you pay for it.

I don't care what color you are. I only care about your character, the type of person you are. That means that I might not like you. Get over it.

If you don't want to work and would prefer to play, that's OK with me. But don't expect me to cover your expenses. We have a system in place that rewards people for their contributions. It's a system that has been in place for many thousands of years. If you don't like the system, I'm fine with that but don't expect me to compensate you because you don't like it.

I could care less what your religious beliefs are. You're entitled to them and you should have the right to exercise them. But when your religious beliefs become a threat to my way of life you can fully expect me to fight back. If you don't mess with me, I won't mess with you. Seems very fair.

If you like to break our laws, you absolutely can. But you need to pay a price for it. Financially, with loss of freedoms, whatever laws society has created to deal with your infraction. Oh, and I don't care how rich and powerful you are the rules are supposed to be the same for everybody. IMO, this situation is completely out of control and candidate Trump is proof of that. I am hopeful that a Trump presidency can start turning the tide against the corruption and greed that has become so entrenched in the political class. I don't expect riots and all the other things the OP is worried about, I am hopeful for a turnaround to the type of values I have expressed in this thread.

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So......
Was I right? Or, was I right?
And this will not be some temporary "fluke", this rebellion against the abomination know as Donald Trump will go on and on for the next 4 years, or until this baboon is impeached. Which I expect will happen the day he releases his tax returns.

This will go on and on and on.
It may die down for brief intermittence, but every time Trump and his republicans try another attack on American democracy and decency, the protests will renew.
And that is exactly how it should be....

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
So......
Was I right? Or, was I right?
And this will not be some temporary "fluke", this rebellion against the abomination know as Donald Trump will go on and on for the next 4 years, or until this baboon is impeached. Which I expect will happen the day he releases his tax returns.

This will go on and on and on.
It may die down for brief intermittence, but every time Trump and his republicans try another attack on American democracy and decency, the protests will renew.
And that is exactly how it should be....

It's really too bad democrats don't believe in the second amendment. It is at this time more than any other time, when the people must defend their country. But you have laid down your arms and will now reap what you sow. Let it be a lesson to you all.