What do you think of this monitor for gaming?

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
I have a Dell IPS display and I can't complain. Been good to me over the last couple of years.

Price isn't bad for what this one is. Though I still think curved screens are a little gimmicky. Does support HDMI 2.0. Vertical resolution is only 1440p so it's not true 4K. You'll still need a fairly powerful GPU to drive it.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
For $800 and using it for gaming, I'd sure want less than 5ms as it will likely be slower than that.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Guess it's something to wait on. But this did get really rave comments by gamers.

I hear you. I'm looking to upgrade too, but even the expensive ones seem to be missing something. The closest thing I found that might be good is this:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_...1051853&utm_term=TechBargains-1066642#reviews

But it is TN which I know most people scoff at. Personally I would spend on this over a slow IPS. I game in FRONT of my monitor, and I don't do graphic design that needs perfection (nor do 99% of the people that say they do). The big downside to this monitor is its gloss screen.

But yea, I'm still looking too, also for a new card. I don't see prices dropping much any time soon.

PS: In reading on SD about the monitor you asked about, it has 20ms input lag, which is pretty significant for a PC monitor, but really, none of this is too bad if you aren't heavy into FPS games.

Last edited:

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
bought a 34" LG a few months ago (not curved). Ended up returning it. It was nice, and depending on what kind of games you play, 21:9 is really nice, but for me 16:9 is much better. Ended up buying the Acer K272HUL for less than half and I like it just as much.

I personally think, if your gonna drop that much money it better have everything. (gsync, 144hz). Not to mention how powerful your rigs gotta be to run games on it.

For me, 2560x1440 @ 60fps is "good enough" for what I paid for it. Someday Id like to get back to over 120hz, and gsync and all that, but I dont wanna pay that much for a system and monitor. Someday though.....