What do you think is the best Band Of Brothers episode?

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Originally posted by: FleshLight
I thought episode 2, Day of Days was the best out of the series.

This was the actual jump, no?

The Skytrains flying through that massive flak was something else . . . woulda completely sucked to try to fly something as slow as a Douglas into that mess . . . I guess its hard to find a quick plane that can hold all those people.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Part 7 - The Breaking Point

There is nothing in that series like seeing Capt. Speirs running across the battlefield in the middle of enemy fire. Simply amazing, and true.

At the same time, in my opinion, it is the single episode that best conveys the hell those men went through.

Mokmo418

Jul 13, 2004
Breaking Point
Seeing *** just sending everyone in eveery direction then getting relieved by speirs was also a relief to me...
and just the whole of part 6 where they freeze theyre asses off getting pounded everyday

and that part daniel1113 mentions is really cool

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: daniel1113

There is nothing in that series like seeing Capt. Speirs running across the battlefield in the middle of enemy fire. Simply amazing, and true.

At the same time, in my opinion, it is the single episode that best conveys the hell those men went through.

Yeah that was messed up. Almost seemed like a RUN FORREST RUN!!!! part from Forrest Gump for a second there. That was a good one, but I think I liked the Bastogne ep the best.

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001

oh man that was awesome.

but i liked the one with the concentration camp. really powerful stuff

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
It appears I have some good episodes to look forward to. I just watched episode 5 yesterday (not the best one in my opinion) but they were just walking into the freezing forrest at the end. After reading the book and seeing them freezing a little, I know that will be a tough one for me to watch. I can't imagine being so cold and so miserable all the time, and then having people constantly trying to kill you too.

And yes, I know I'm about 2 years behind :)

edit: by the way, do you find it hard to keep track of who's who (as far as names go) when you watched it the first time? The only ones I really know are Nix, Winters, and Gonerreah

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
no such thing as best. they're all just too damn good.

especially the one were ross gets demoted.

asm0deus

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2003

agreed, spears running through mortar fire made me a fan

edit: on memorial day i watched them all in order and the bonus episode, was great, i remembered alot of there names after that, WINTERS IS THE MAN!!!

flawlssdistortn

Sep 21, 2004
I can't believe they had Ross from "Friends" play the part of that officer in basic training. I could not stop laughing at his attempt to act like a hard ass. I mean, after all those years on that retarded show, he has forever established himself in my mind as a flamin vag. There was no way he was gonna pull off the "tyranical commanding officer" role.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
i liked the ep where they were in the forest in the ardennes (sp?) and they focused on that medic.

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
All were awesome...except 1 and 10, they were just meh...even tho those were the openers/closers.

yankeesfan

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2004

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Day of Days. I much preferred the episodes where Winters was on the field with Easy, and he was at his best in that one.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: flawlssdistortn
I can't believe they had Ross from "Friends" play the part of that officer in basic training. I could not stop laughing at his attempt to act like a hard ass. I mean, after all those years on that retarded show, he has forever established himself in my mind as a flamin vag. There was no way he was gonna pull off the "tyranical commanding officer" role.
His wasn't a "tyrannical commanding officer" role - he played a "chickenshit commanding officer", and pulled it off pretty well.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: sward666
Originally posted by: flawlssdistortn
His wasn't a "tyrannical commanding officer" role - he played a "chickenshit commanding officer", and pulled it off pretty well.

I agree. I thought he did a pretty good job of playing that role.