What do you think about this Volvo deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LurkingLurker

Nov 12, 2012
Oh wise ones of Anandtech Garage, let me know what you think of this deal:

I just put a $500 "hold" on a 2012 Volvo XC60 T6 (AWD, 3.0 Turbo V6) . Options:
  • Technology Package (Adaptive Cruise, Auto Brakes)
  • Climate Package (heated seats, heated windshield washers)
  • BLIS
It's being sold as new with between 400-500 miles. The window sticker is in the $42k range. We talked them down to $36.5k (plus tax, title, etc). FWIW it took a couple days to talk them down to $36.5k -- they started around $39k.

Thanks for any advice,
LurkingLurker (long time forum reader)

phucheneh

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2012
Well, invoice is going to be about 2-3k under MSRP at that kind of price point. So it sounds they were already trying to ditch it for around what they paid, and you got them to knock another ~2500 or so off.

Sounds like a 2012 leftover being marked down to make room for 2013's. And it was a demo. Better than a loaner, I guess.

If they let you go home to think about it after already agreeing to that kind of price...I bet they'd go lower.

As far as the car...it's nice. I want me some of them automatic brakes. :awe:

That's probably electronic brake assist. Plus maybe the little widget that keeps you from rolling into people in traffic (will apply brakes with no input below a certain speed). That would probably annoy me, judging by how much I hate parking alarms (yes, rapid beep, thank you, I'm aware that inconsequential thing off to the side is there). It's definition of 'imminent collision' would probably differ from mine.

One thing I know for sure is sketchy is the BLIS system. Ugh. So many 'functioning as designed; I can do nothing to make it work better' warranty repair write-ups....

But anyway, deal sounds decent. Since it's been sitting around a while, tell them it needs a wax job and a full detail before you'll take it.

LurkingLurker

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah it is the autobraking for low speed driving, not fully auto brakes :) -- I'm a bit wary of it, but it was included. It's part of a package with adaptive cruise, which is probably useful on long trips.

The lower price is definitely due to end-of-year clearance. Do you think it's normal to get a "luxury" brand to go down to just a few $100 over invoice, or do they typically want closer to $1000+.

I'm not sure how reliable TrueCar is these days, but our price is well off the lower end of their price histogram.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
That's a pretty good price. I have a 2011.5 XC60 and love it. I have the convenience(2011 version of Premier Plus) and climate packages with BLIS and Bi-Xenon lights. Does it have the base trim or Premier Plus or Platinum?

I find the BLIS is useful. And city safety which is intended for vehicles actually engaged when I was slowly driving thru the city and a drunk girl jumped in front of the vehicle.

Here's a good XC60 forum - http://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdisplay.php?106-XC60-(2010-)

LurkingLurker

Nov 12, 2012
That's a pretty good price. I have a 2011.5 XC60 and love it. I have the convenience(2011 version of Premier Plus) and climate packages with BLIS and Bi-Xenon lights. Does it have the base trim or Premier Plus or Platinum?

I find the BLIS is useful. And city safety which is intended for vehicles actually engaged when I was slowly driving thru the city and a drunk girl jumped in front of the vehicle.

Here's a good XC60 forum - http://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdisplay.php?106-XC60-(2010-)

It's the base level -- no motorized tailgate or xenon lights I suppose. I wish I had a copy of the window sticker!

Hrmm...I'm still wondering if I should have gone with an RDX. They seem like their MSRP starts a bit lower than the XC60. I guess it is a pretty good deal on an XC60, though.

Last edited:

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
It's the base level -- no motorized tailgate or xenon lights I suppose. I wish I had a copy of the window sticker!

Hrmm...I'm still wondering if I should have gone with an RDX. They seem like their MSRP starts a bit lower than the XC60. I guess it is a pretty good deal on an XC60, though.

Here are couple of XC60/RDX threads:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?168437-New-XC60-contender-a-better-looking-RDX

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?179337-Are-we-going-to-lose-me-to-the-2013-RDX - this guy traded his XC60 in for a '13 RDX

JCH13

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2010
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. If it's got the features you want, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.