What do you think about this arrangment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I think you need to be bombed into the stone age for even posting anything with the settings turned up high enough to blow peoples speakers up that is mixed badly.

Mine hardly breathed over that but sounds bad.

nuke-tsar-bomb-o.gif

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Settings too high. It couldn't make up it's mind if it wanted to be trance or smooth jazz. Poor sound quality seriously detracts from a piece that had a few good spots.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
bad.

i was going to say you have pads clashing with the main keys, but then everything started to clash with everything else.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
I think I hear clipping. Anyway, the piece is just too disorganized. There are some interesting sounds but it never finds a pace, or theme, or rhythm that you can grab on to, and after about twenty seconds it just turns into an unpleasant sonic mush.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
I think I hear clipping. Anyway, the piece is just too disorganized. There are some interesting sounds but it never finds a pace, or theme, or rhythm that you can grab on to, and after about twenty seconds it just turns into an unpleasant sonic mush.

Add in that too many people thing a single melody line means music. You need some harmonizing / complementary tones to that. The bass does little to complement the higher tones.

You need to take apart an orchestra score and see how the different instruments complement each other to create true music. You won't get it off today's radio, techno, or other 'popular' media. If you can break out the different 'instruments' and each is playing it's own song that just improves when you add in the other 'instruments', you've got something.

Status
Not open for further replies.