What do you think about Bush?

tamaron

Apr 29, 2008
I am spanish, and here we figure how the people (US citizens mainly) feels about his president.

First, I want to say that I am not anti-american, I feel like a sort of mixed culture guy. This is not bad to me, I accept the fact that the USA is the ruling power by now, and his culture spreads over the world. Of course I have my own way, but this is influenced by the literature, films, music... I love R'n'R, your biggest achievement in my opinion :p.

But, my opinion about Mr. Bush and his government can't be worse, almost. I don't like the way he does about social coverage, and of course Irak war (Blackwater rules). I am scared.

The most important thing to me in a government is Social Coverage at all levels: Sanity, Education, Work and Housing. What I see right now is that the military expenses in USA is exceeding the reasonable. Why don't you have a free social security?.

Please this is not an attack in any way to USA, I love the truly spirit of your nation, without your help perhaps I will talk German. Your constitution was one of the first (if not the first) in the world, your nation was, and in some way still it is, a light, a mirror in wich all of us are looking. But now... It's a little sad to me.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Why don't you have a free social security?.
You don't, either. Taxes!

Anyway, you're merely echoing what is sad to a lot of people. Bush has the worst approval of any president in history, or at least in many decades (He recently reached that point).

Basically, most of the country/world agrees with you. There are a few irrational, idiotic holdouts who approve of Bush and his approach to leading, but even most of the sycophants now have given up that approach and revile him as much as you. He is truly a fvcking disaster, so it's not un-American to say that. It would be un-intelligent to deny it, in fact.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To tamaron,

If you are Spanish, think of GWB as a kind of a Franco without any redeeming qualities or longevity. Or maybe an anti Franco. Because Franco took a Spain in turmoil and ruled it with an iron hand and Bush took a united country and totally divided it with an iron hand.

I think it will be the job of our next President to apologize to the entire world for our misguided foreign policy.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
George W. Bush is a worthless piece of shit.

Disclaimer: I'm American.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Lemon law
To tamaron,

If you are Spanish, think of GWB as a kind of a Franco without any redeeming qualities or longevity. Or maybe an anti Franco. Because Franco took a Spain in turmoil and ruled it with an iron hand and Bush took a united country and totally divided it with an iron hand.

I think it will be the job of our next President to apologize to the entire world for our misguided foreign policy.

That'll be the day.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
As much as I dislike him and his administration there have been much worse presidents than him.

I'd give him a D+.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: Tab
As much as I dislike him and his administration there have been much worse presidents than him.

I'd give him a D+.

I wouldn't say MUCH worse... he's quite near the bottom of the barrel.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
In terms of being the worst President ever, GWB, IMHO, is not only the worst ever, he is in a wholly different league.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
There aren't vile enough words in any language to express my wrath and disgust with that subhuman piece of garbage.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

I'd give him a D+.

Much too high a grade. The Dub and his admin is full of nothing but FAIL FAIL FAIL.

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005
I was studying abroad in Brussels in the summer of 2004, and the family I stayed with was asking me if America was going to re-elect GWB, I said that it was unlikely because even at that time people were disgusted by him. But of course the Democratic party comes up with a turd of a candidate in Kerry who could only say 'Bush is bad' and even a worse VP that Cheney absolutely destroyed Edwards in the VP debates by simply saying, how little time Edwards spent actually DOING his job as a Senator.

I think GWB is the worst ever, and will be the worst ever. As president he has vetoed more bills than any other, he has had more resignations of his appointments than any other. I think under his tenure the GOP has had more scandals than ever, lets see... Tom Delay, Mr. Page Molester, Mr. Let me pick up a cop for some bathroom sex and the list goes on. And more serious offenses like firing Attorneys for political reasons, blatant use of supposed 'Executive Privilege' more times than I can count.

The GOP positions itself as the self-righteous party, but its probably the most hypocritical we have EVER had. To me, you cannot take an absolutist stance like they do, and not follow what you preach, which happens a lot more than it should.

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
He's the quintessential "deceiver" - for 2 elections he uttered every worthless pseudo-patriotic platitude, enjoyed the grace of the corporate media, and got a pass on all of his utter BS.

He never selected his cabinet - his cabinet selected him, because they knew he could be stuffed down this country's throat in a time of relative complacency in order to actualize an agenda.

Once again, he was stuffed down this country's throat after his cabinet had gotten their war on, because now he was the "War President".

Just the other day I was thinking again about the issue over Muhammad Naeem Noor Khan - that should have torpedoed his swiftboat for good, because it was such a blatant compromise of US (and international) national security in order to change the political news subject after Kerry officially gained the Democratic nomination for Presidential candidate.

All joking about how much Kerry really sucked aside - the whole "Terror Alert" color grade scale and the way that played into the media narrative; Laura, Barbara and Jenna's trip to have lunch at the epicenter of the perceived "threat zone" - Citigroup Center - the greatest spectacle of Political Theater was made, while the mendacious undermining of real national security matters that made the entire spectacle possible was almost completely unreported by the US media.

Citigroup Center was identified as a target through Khan's undercover work - the only mole that Western Intelligence has had inside of Al Quaeda that we know of - and we only know that because Condi Fucking Rice's NSA leaked his name in order to back up the episode of political theater!

British Military Intelligence were the folks who picked up Khan, and got him to work as a double agent, and they were absolutely livid at the Bush admin's leaking of his name for cheap political points, but yet again, the response from the American mainstream media was... crickets.

I focus upon this particular issue because it would have completely sunk any Dem Presidential candidate, sitting president or not. It was so brazen and egregious, that a Dem prez may even have been impeached before the General Election took place due to the utter ham-handed arrogance required to do such a thing.

Yet the compliant media barely made a sound.

Please also note how the "Terror Alert" color scale has been largely forgotten since the 2004 election.

It wasn't until August of 2005 and Hurricane Katrina, when the cameras of the media could no longer hide the truth about this administration and its rank indifference towards the welfare of the American people, that the tide began to turn.

And that's what I think of Bush.

Rank indifference towards the welfare of the American people.

He can take his Flag Pin and gouge his own eye out with it as far as I'm concerned.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Bush for all his failings did install 2 good supreme court justices.

His stance on the Iraq War I think is totally wrong. We can not force another country into democracy. The people have to want it enough to protect themselves and die for their own freedom. As long as thugs run a country (like Mexico), and corruption rules, then the people of that country will suffer for it. So only the people have the ability to change things.

I dont support the ultra liberals on the left and I dont really support the the War-Mongers on the right. America is too quick to judge and too eager to go to war. We must resist this spirit of aggression and rise above it. War should be for destroying your enemies, not nation building. It should be a last resort. War is hell and should be hell. It is impossible to fight a kindler gentler war. Either Kill your enemies with vengence, or dont go to war. There is no middle ground in that respect.

The reason why America works as a nation is we are a nation that respects the law and hunts down the criminals. The rule of law makes it possible for a stable business environment that supports both the business and the consumer. If both sides do not do well, then both sides suffer in the long run.

You might look at Mexico and other countries south of our border and then look at the USA and maybe also Canada. In the USA we have stopped the lawlessness that exists in other countries, and for the most part the rule of law makes for a peaceful nation where people thrive. Below our southern border many countries are ruled by dictators and gangs and drug lords. Because of this the people suffer. You might ask yourself why America is so great and why a country like Mexico has done so poorly. We both have origins of a similar nature and were colonies of other countries. So why does one country barely survive while the other country becomes a world power? You tell me.

Katrina was a major disaster and many people suffered and died. But I urge you to compare the USA disaster relief to the relief in Mayanmar. What country do you think was better prepared? If you look at Louisiana and Florida, you may ask yourself why Florda does so well and why Louisiana does so poorly after a hurricane. This is because of how things work at the state level. The State is the first line of defense and protection for the people. The Federal government did help and did do a pretty fair job. It could have been better, so we can only hope for some improvements in that area. The main thing that saved so many lives is that the building codes in the usa are to a higher standard. If the people of Mayanmar learn anything, it should be to build better buildings.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I hate George W Bush and his entire lying administration. I didn't vote for him either time either. Worst president and administration in modern history.

I also agree with Lemon Law on the next president having to mend our foreign policy and world image. GWB&Co have absolutely trashed it.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

I'd give him a D+.
Presidents, like two much worse than Bush? God's sake, name one of them.
His stance on the Iraq War I think is totally wrong. We can not force another country into democracy. The people have to want it enough to protect themselves and die for their own freedom.
And yet, even with your criticisms, you don't go far enough. Iraq was lock, stock and barrel about WMD, not democracy spreading. That was ancillary a goal at best. He didn't go there with a bad plan to spread democracy and fail. He went there to cut the legs out from an active and dangerous WMD program. Except it didn't exist, and he knew it. And if he didn't know it, he is stupider than we thought. The intelligence information now apparent and the wanton deception by Powell et al. leads the rational man to no other conclusion but that the Bush admin knew their evidence for an Iraqi WMD program was more fragile than a house of cards.
America is too quick to judge and too eager to go to war. We must resist this spirit of aggression and rise above it.
Agreed.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Iraq was never about WMD if you believe that you dont understand diplomacy. It may have been a factor, but it was about trying to get rid of a dictator and trying to install a democracy in the middle east. WMD's were just an excuse. From Day 1, I was against the war, But the elected idiots in Congress many of them Democratic voted for War. If you say you hate Bush then you should hate everyone who voted for War, like Hillary Clinton.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
He's the worse thing to happen to America in a long time. It will take us many years to recover from his Presidency.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Bush is an embarrassment. I can't decide if I'm more embarrassed by him or the people who voted for him - twice.

This administration has been all about naked aggression and thievery. Not that the spanish are unfamiliar with this over the centuries but we've taken it to new heights.

Feb 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Lemon law
To tamaron,

If you are Spanish, think of GWB as a kind of a Franco without any redeeming qualities or longevity. Or maybe an anti Franco. Because Franco took a Spain in turmoil and ruled it with an iron hand and Bush took a united country and totally divided it with an iron head.

Fixed...

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
He was a complete disaster until eh vetoes(at least he said he'd veto) Barney Franks $300 billion bank bailout bill, now he's about 7/8 disaster.

And just think, congress has an even lower approval rating.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: GTKeeper As president he has vetoed more bills than any other, he has had more resignations of his appointments than any other. I think under his tenure the GOP has had more scandals than ever, lets see... Tom Delay, Mr. Page Molester, Mr. Let me pick up a cop for some bathroom sex and the list goes on. And more serious offenses like firing Attorneys for political reasons, blatant use of supposed 'Executive Privilege' more times than I can count.
Where are you getting your 'facts' from??

Bush has vetoed 8 bills!!! Only 8!!! Clinton 36, H. W. Bush 29, Reagan 39.
You have to go all the way back to Warren Harding to find a President with less vetos, and Harding only served 2.5 years.

I am guessing the rest of your 'facts' have as much truth as that first one as well. Unless you can provide proof that he had more resignations etc.

As for scandals most of Bush's scandals have political in nature. When it comes to law breaking and people resigned because of that his admin has been rather clean.

I understand you don't like Bush and all that, but let's stick to the real 'facts' and not repeat made up left wing fantasies.
Lord knows he has made enough mistakes without resorting to made up 'facts'

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: GTKeeper As president he has vetoed more bills than any other, he has had more resignations of his appointments than any other. I think under his tenure the GOP has had more scandals than ever, lets see... Tom Delay, Mr. Page Molester, Mr. Let me pick up a cop for some bathroom sex and the list goes on. And more serious offenses like firing Attorneys for political reasons, blatant use of supposed 'Executive Privilege' more times than I can count.
Where are you getting your 'facts' from??

Bush has vetoed 8 bills!!! Only 8!!! Clinton 36, H. W. Bush 29, Reagan 39.
You have to go all the way back to Warren Harding to find a President with less vetos, and Harding only served 2.5 years.

I am guessing the rest of your 'facts' have as much truth as that first one as well. Unless you can provide proof that he had more resignations etc.

As for scandals most of Bush's scandals have political in nature. When it comes to law breaking and people resigned because of that his admin has been rather clean.

I understand you don't like Bush and all that, but let's stick to the real 'facts' and not repeat made up left wing fantasies.
Lord knows he has made enough mistakes without resorting to made up 'facts'

Bahahaha, are you some sort of comedian? It's kind of hard to break the law when you basically say the executive office is above the law. Bush has done more to destroy the checks and balances of government than any previous president. Get real

:roll: